Madison Scouts -Can someone give me an unbiased explanation of what ha

Besides the proverbial, "They suck," can someone explain why one year they are top six and then the next year they almost got beat by Southwind last night in Broken Arrow? I mean, Southwind! And don't give me, "they are great this year," slop I've seen on the boards. I saw it with my own eyes. Help a casual drum corps fan out here!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nope.

can't.

sorry.

Would it help you feel better about the whole thing anyway if someone could?

Besides the proverbial, "They suck," can someone explain why one year they are top six and then the next year they almost got beat by Southwind last night in Broken Arrow? I mean, Southwind! And don't give me, "they are great this year," slop I've seen on the boards. I saw it with my own eyes. Help a casual drum corps fan out here!

Can you help me understand your question ?

Bill

Can you help me understand your question ?

Bill

What went down at Madison to make the Scouts sink all the way they have...

I mean, I saw the short answer above. Young kids, turnover, and bad drill. But still, is that all there is? I mean is Madison the first Corps to have these problems? I know other Corps have fallen back in rebuilding years, i.e. Vanguard, Phantom.. But fall back meant top 12 instead of top 6. I mean, from the looks of it, Madison may not even make SEMI's! So that's why I'm asking what went down to cause such a swift meltdown?

Edited by Davy1dave

I mean, I saw the short answer above. Young kids, turnover, and bad drill. But still, is that all there is? I mean is Madison the first band

Stopped reading topic..........

here :)

I mean, I saw the short answer above. Young kids, turnover, and bad drill. But still, is that all there is? I mean is Madison the first band to have these problems? I know other bands have fallen back in rebuilding years, i.e. Vanguard, Phantom.. But fall back meant top 12 instead of top 6. I mean, from the looks of it, Madison may not even make SEMI's! So that's why I'm asking what went down to cause such a swift meltdown?

Madison fell out of finals in 2002, the off-season saw Scott Stewart leaving with Sal Salas coming in. I think this is just a one season thing. (I hope).

I mean, I saw the short answer above. Young kids, turnover, and bad drill. But still, is that all there is? I mean is Madison the first band to have these problems? I know other bands have fallen back in rebuilding years, i.e. Vanguard, Phantom.. But fall back meant top 12 instead of top 6. I mean, from the looks of it, Madison may not even make SEMI's! So that's why I'm asking what went down to cause such a swift meltdown?

:worthy::worthy: :sshh: