DCP GoldStar Ratings

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does this mean a thread thats not rated or given stars is not good and will be closed ??? Im confused, Im sorry, dont hate me !!

~G~

No, if a topic is starred that means the topic will be moderated will moderate the topic tighter to keep it from getting out of hand. If there is no stars it will be "business as usual".

Edited by sburstall

Does this mean a thread thats not rated or given stars is not good and will be closed ??? Im confused, Im sorry, dont hate me !!

~G~

No...just that threads that are rated are ones that the panelists feel are of importance to DCP and its readers. Think of the star threads as the "best" of DCP on a given day. With that, there's a little more moderation involvement to keep the conversation going, and to prevent any ne'er-do-wells that may try to close it by going off-topic, trolling, etc.

No other threads will be harmed in the making of DCP GoldStar. B)

Don't expect topics like "Best General Effect caption during the '80s" to be starred. :rock:

Well, pretty much.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that threads like the one we had a few days ago about brass instructors in the activity (there were a lot of "good thread" comments in that...think of star ratings as another way of saying "good thread" to someone) is a good example of what you can expect to see once we get going.

With as many people and viewpoints as we have, the great thing is we'll see a wide variety of topics come to light...especially since threads will need 8/20 votes to become a "starred" thread.

Will the members of the panel be known by all? Like will there be a distinction on their profile signifying Group: Goldstar Panel Member or something?

The reason I ask is that if folks see that a Panel Member is posting in a particular thread (even one that has not yet been "starred"), they might clean up their act a little, so to speak, thinking that the thread is under review by the Panel. This may spread the effect of this program beyon just those threads that become "recommended reading."

Or is there a reason that you want the panel members to remain anonymous??? Maybe because it might create nervousness and hesitancy to disagree with certain members posts -- or to avoid the ever present possibility of bribery and/or intimidation of Panel Members ^0^

Edited by Liam

Or is there a reason that you want the panel members to remain anonymous??? Maybe because it might create nervousness and hesitancy to disagree with certain members posts -- or to avoid the ever present possibility of bribery and/or intimidation of Panel Members ^0^

I don't think so. The intent of this idea is to encourage discussion. People who understand that concept will be selected as panel members.