Minneapolis area DCers...

In light of the recent breaking news... just want to check and see if all of you are okay.

For those of you who are unaware as to the happenings of the last 2 hours...

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,291790,00.html

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe this happened just east of HASTINGS MN. where I-35W crosses the Mississippi. Hopefully, none of our drumcorps family were involved.

I'm pretty sure this shouldn't effect anyone's travel itinerary heading to or leaving from Minnesota in 2 weeks.

I'm still worried about that schoolbus full of children that was on the bridge :(

It's my understanding that they exited out the back door - I too hope they are okay.

The school bus reportedly had just crossed the bridge before the bridge crumpled into pieces, and local broadcast reports indicated the children, none of whom were injured, exited out the back door of the bus.

I heard about this on the way home from work on NPR....immediate phone call to Matt and Jen says that most of the Choppers who would have been in that area have been accounted for...though that doesn't take into account Brass and Govies...

Not being from the area and not big on geograohy, I'm not sure how it will affect the shows in 2 weeks, but Matt did say about 2/3 of the corps has to cross that bridge to get to reeharsal tomorrow night.....should be interesting for a while, to say the least.

I THINK we were on that bridge the last time we were out there 4 weeks ago.

Here's to hoping our drum corps family from all our Minneapolis corps are ok!

Phone calls are flyin', and I can attest that the folks in Chops are all right. It's kinda scary, since our rehearsal site tomorrow is fairly close to where the bridge collapsed.

Hopefully things are okay with Brass, too. I'm pretty sure that they have rehearsals on Wednesday nights, albiet in St. Paul... One can hope that there was nobody on his or her way taking that route.

I THINK we were on that bridge the last time we were out there 4 weeks ago.

You thought correctly.

Its right by the U of M about 4 miles from my house.....very sad..