Anyone else sense....

I think it's fair to say that Blue Knights had slipped a little at the evening show at San Antonio (81.3, 9th). But since then, they have gained some serious momentum, and are now comfortably sitting in 8th place, with an 89.45 in last night's show! In only a week and a half, BK has gained 8.15 points, narrowing the season-long huge gap between 7th and 8th place. Now only 1.55 out of 7th place, they're looking to make some huge surprises!

Do corps like Phantom Regiment or Santa Clara Vanguard need to up their A-game a little? Or is it BK's time to show who's turn it finally is?

:huh:

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As mentioned in another thread, in San Antonio, all the corps advancing to the finals saw one caption (Visual Performance) drop by over a point from their last such score; three corps by 1.3 and one by 1.1. Plus, BK had serious amplification issues in San Antonio. These contributed to the massive point gain at Indianapolis.

The reason I'm aware of this is I had written about the huge point gain in my recap analysis from Indy and one of the BK staff dropped me a note pointing this out.

Yes, the gain is still impressive. The more you know...

I would not be surprised at all to see BK in 7th. Almost any other year they would be fighting for top 5 or 6 with this show.

No, BK is not making a run for 7th. I think the Top 7 division was made pretty clear by the judges at the start of the season. If BK gets 7th, it won't be because they're making a run, it'll be more likely because someone above them had a really bad performance.

No need to sleep if you follow drum corps this closely! BK might have had a point increase from their show in Denver, but I don't recall a point increase from Indy, seeing as how they weren't there. I know what you mean though. But even since then, they've gone up nearly 4 points in the span of the last five days, when full points are difficult to come by. Breaking 90 a week before finals seems out of reach most other years, but with BK's steady climb these past two weeks, I wouldn't count them out. Is it possible we may see some upsets before too long?

Edited by biggs

I wasn't a big fan of this show when i saw it at a memorial day performance and even on the Atlanta webcast......

then i saw it in denver. Then in Ogden 2 nights later. TOTALLY changed my view.

They have the power. They have the talent. And the program really shows off all of the skills within the corps.

ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL.

Whether they pass anyone to take 7th, 6th, 10th or whatever, it is a show worth standing up for.

i dig it.

Edited by cwillpayne

I think it's fair to say that Blue Knights had slipped a little at the evening show at San Antonio (81.3, 9th). But since then, they have gained some serious momentum, and are now comfortably sitting in 8th place, with an 89.45 in last night's show! In only a week and a half, BK has gained 8.15 points, narrowing the season-long huge gap between 7th and 8th place. Now only 1.55 out of 7th place, they're looking to make some huge surprises!

Do corps like Phantom Regiment or Santa Clara Vanguard need to up their A-game a little? Or is it BK's time to show who's turn it finally is?

:blink:

Blue Knights are a lock for 8th place this year. THe seven in front of them are relentless in their pursuit of each other and will not falter. The bottom line is that from 1st - to - 7th, they are in a different league, almost apples and oranges in regards to prgraming, design, and GE.

Make no mistake, Blue Knights are outstanding, actually breathtaking in regards to their visual package, interpretation of the music, and execution. Its just that there is no "room at the inn" this year and the elements of the top seven appear to be much stronger, more defined, and more ample.

This is a really good BK show and there is nothing wrong with anywhere anyone places this year, so many corps have brought their "A" game, its awesome !

~G~