There's a first time for everything

Cavaliers' 18.5 to Crown's 18.6.

Crown .2 over in excellence.

I'm in semi-shock... I wasn't at the show, but having seen both of these corps muliple times live.... I would have never predicted that.

I'm usually not one to be effected by scores...but I can't help but think..."really?"

Anyone at the show who can vouch for this? Did crown just click? Cavaliers have a bad night?

I'm in semi-shock... I wasn't at the show, but having seen both of these corps muliple times live.... I would have never predicted that.

I'm usually not one to be effected by scores...but I can't help but think..."really?"

Anyone at the show who can vouch for this? Did crown just click? Cavaliers have a bad night?

Crown and Cavies, have excellent guards, so that probably wasnt a factor. As far as crown winning it - the cavaliers have generally not been known for their individual visual execution, but moreso for their visual ensemble and GE. Basically, their drill looks way better than the marching that comprises it. Just mho...

I'm not surprised at all based on how the Cavaliers looked in Indy.

the cavaliers have generally not been known for their individual visual execution,

And Crown has??

For the record, the Cavaliers have won the visual performance caption at finals four times this decade. I'd say that was a pretty good track record of good individual visual execution, whether you like their technique or not. Credit where it's due.

And Crown has??

For the record, the Cavaliers have won the visual performance caption at finals four times this decade. I'd say that was a pretty good track record of good individual visual execution, whether you like their technique or not. Credit where it's due.

Cavies do have a very young hornline this year, so I'm surprised they are not executing at a level they have in the last few years.

And Crown has??

Ok....i didnt actually know that. I guess they just didnt do as well in it most of the years I marched :P

Plus when you win finals 5 times in a decade, its not a big suprise to win a caption like that. I still wouldnt call it a strength. Im guessing they've done even better in several other visual captions. (not going to look it up)

I just don't see how this happened.

Granted, From a design standpoint, The Cavaliers show isn't as visually driven as years past. BUT. From a design standpoint, I'd put at least 3 other corps, including The Cavaliers, over Crown when it comes to show design.

It was only visual performance, so cavs still won ge and ensemble. This is one place where show design doesnt come into play (as much)

Wow i didnt notice that!

I talked to some crown members i know last night and they said they think they are finally getting judged like they should!

Im ready for a surprise on finals night!!!

Edited by r3vo