Platinum Members Speak Out

OK. We just had another late season screw up by the DCI Team. I'm sure we will be told that it was not their fault and that they worked their fingers to the bone to fix the issues. This may all be true, but it still happened.

So what should DCI do this year to redress the performance issues and what should they do in the future to keep this from being an issue? I heard many suggestions on the Webcast thread, but DCI will not go through that many pages to find the nuggets. So I am opening up this thread to collect those ideas.

I was offered a refund on my Platinum Membership, but I turned it down. I want to support DCI and taking the entire membership value would be unfair and destructive to DCI. But what should they do to compensate us for the service? Should they have an automatic policy that for each botched webcast they provide an automatic refund for that show ($10)? Should they provide five free VPDs to members for each botched show? They have no policy, we should help them create one.

What should they do for next year? I think they need to stand behind their product with a guarantee, or they will find fewer than ever taking them up on the full pre-paid package. We will just select the shows that we have time to see. How do they protect themselves against the poor performance that seems to creep in at the worst times? What form should the guarantee take?

Speak out.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK. We just had another late season screw up by the DCI Team. I'm sure we will be told that it was not their fault and that they worked their fingers to the bone to fix the issues. This may all be true, but it still happened.

So what should DCI do this year to redress the performance issues and what should they do in the future to keep this from being an issue? I heard many suggestions on the Webcast thread, but DCI will not go through that many pages to find the nuggets. So I am opening up this thread to collect those ideas.

I was offered a refund on my Platinum Membership, but I turned it down. I want to support DCI and taking the entire membership value would be unfair and destructive to DCI. But what should they do to compensate us for the service? Should they have an automatic policy that for each botched webcast they provide an automatic refund for that show ($10)? Should they provide five free VPDs to members for each botched show? They have no policy, we should help them create one.

What should they do for next year? I think they need to stand behind their product with a guarantee, or they will find fewer than ever taking them up on the full pre-paid package. We will just select the shows that we have time to see. How do they protect themselves against the poor performance that seems to creep in at the worst times? What form should the guarantee take?

Speak out.

Well they did offer you a refund so I am not sure what else you want them to do to compensate you. I mean it sucks that we had problems tonight, but that's to be expected with computers and internet and bandwidth and drum corps.

Well they did offer you a refund so I am not sure what else you want them to do to compensate you. I mean it sucks that we had problems tonight, but that's to be expected with computers and internet and bandwidth and drum corps.

Fire and replace responsible party and hire more competent tech people for starters

Fair comment. That would have taken care of me, but what about the rest of the members. Are you saying that DCI should refund all the memberships? Send out a mass emailing that says if you don't want the refund tell us, otherwise it is coming? That would kill the service and DCI. So that is not a solution. That can't be a policy. What should the policy be? How should they treat everybody, not just those who complain to the right people.

If this happens with these types of services, shouldn't they be prepared for it and have a policy to handle it. They do not. We need to help them get one. It was our complaining that brought many improvements to a poorly conceived service. Now they need our help again.

Edited by Long Time Fan

Fire and replace responsible party and hire more competent tech people for starters

Now that's DEFINITELY a good idea as they could have cost DCI a huge amount of money in refunds.

Problems are expected so we should be ok with it? If problems are to be expected, then maybe they should lower the price since they can't guarantee quality at all times.

Fair comment. That would have taken care of me, but what about the rest of the members. Are you saying that DCI should refund all the memberships? Send out a mass emailing that says if you don't want the refund tell us, otherwise it is coming? That would kill the service and DCI. So that is not a solution. That can't be a policy. What should the policy be? How should they treat everybody, not just those who complain to the right people.

I think Zeke had a good idea, but that still wouldn't compensate everyone for tonight's performance.

Problems are expected so we should be ok with it? If problems are to be expected, then maybe they should lower the price since they can't guarantee quality at all times.

Good point. I am not saying we should be okay with it, however stuff happens sometimes. Hey I complained to them and I got a refund (given it was PPV, but still). So what do you suggest they do to compensate people then?

Edited by 2000Cadet

I say refund back at least 50% of the platinum membership amount to all and all those whom had ppv as well. I think that would be a great gesture. Then next season Platinum members from this season would be elgible for membership at say hmm 35-40 buck for the next 1 1/2 - 2 seasons. Put your money where your mouth is..then we can talk.

Edited by Zeke

I say refund back at least 50% of the platinum membership amount to all and all those whom had ppv as well. I think that would be a great gesture. Then next season Platinum members from this season would be elgible for membership at say hmm 35-40 buck for the next 1 1/2 - 2 seasons. Put your money where your mouth is..then we can talk.

I like that idea a lot.