Spirit Vs. Blue Stars

The Blue Stars have been working too hard and long to get this spot. Blue Stars have been working hard. I attended one of their rehearsals and they were focused, clean and they threw down that night. Go Blue Stars! (Spirit's show is lame)

Sounds like a rookie! :beer: Too bad you had to make your point by slamming another corps. Good luck with Blue Stars next year. Then maybe you will understand.

Edited by tpt43

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tom, I don't remember saying that Mark and Dan met anywhere to discuss this. And since you say that it should be the end of this, I guess all of DCP world can't talk about it anymore???????????

I don't know exactly how DCI is organized, but I would guess that it's somewhat like the NFL or MLB, in that the Commissioner can't just operate any way that they want, but the owners (read Exec. Directors on the board of DCI) allow them some latitude to actually lead the organization. In most organizations that I'm familiar with, the board elects the director (CEO) to run the organization, and votes on some (not all) of the items that the management brings to the table. Dan wields a great deal of influence within the organization, and isn't just a figurehead for the board directors. I'm simply suggesting that, IN MY OPINION, it would be appropriate for him to lead a discussion to require Academy to participate in Div 1 fully, not dabble their toes in the water.

It's drum corps, not 'smart finances corps'.

Again, keeping my fingers crossed for Spirit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So you'd rather a corps take on more they can financially handle at the time, operate in the red, and possibly only be able to compete for one year with that type of schedule? Please....

Pacific Crest Tour Schedule

Where's all the commotion and complaining about Pacific Crest not doing all the regionals or a full tour and still participating in finals this year? Is it simply because they aren't placing as well competitively speaking as opposed to The Academy? If they were making a run for the Saturday night show, would more people be on their case about not doing a full tour?

Get off your high horses.

(Sorry for being completely off topic)

Sounds like a rookie! :beer: Too bad you had to make your point by slamming another corps. Good luck with Blue Stars next year. Then maybe you will understand.

Hey, sorry to anyone who was offended at my comment. I didn't mean it as I did. Sorry if you took it wrong. I should've phrased it better. Again, sorry.

Just.........................................WOW!!

What more can you say? Nothing like a concise, well-reasoned argument by a new member of DCP.

And next year Benny will be sixth grade.

LMAO!!!

Edited by BozzlyB

So you'd rather a corps take on more they can financially handle at the time, operate in the red, and possibly only be able to compete for one year with that type of schedule? Please....

Pacific Crest Tour Schedule

Where's all the commotion and complaining about Pacific Crest not doing all the regionals or a full tour and still participating in finals this year? Is it simply because they aren't placing as well competitively speaking as opposed to The Academy? If they were making a run for the Saturday night show, would more people be on their case about not doing a full tour?

Get off your high horses.

(Sorry for being completely off topic)

Doing a limitted tour in '06 for reasons of financial stability, great idea.

Doing a limitted tour in '07 for reasons of financial stability, ok, probably a good idea.

Doing a limitted tour in '08 for reasons of financial stability................sh_t or get off the pot.

We'll see.

The Blue Stars have been working too hard and long to get this spot. Blue Stars have been working hard. I attended one of their rehearsals and they were focused, clean and they threw down that night. Go Blue Stars! (Spirit's show is lame)

Bad form young man. Hype on blue Stars all you want, but there is no need to slam another competitor to make your point. An attitude like that will hurt chances re: the "hopeful" part of your signature.

Bad form young man. Hype on blue Stars all you want, but there is no need to slam another competitor to make your point. An attitude like that will hurt chances re: the "hopeful" part of your signature.

Again, sorry! Didn't realize the concequences of the statement. My vocabulary is better than that. :beer:

There is the most obvious statement of the year. If they moved in one direction for 10 1/2 minutes they'd be a mile and a half from the stadium at the end of the show.

Bozz, you crack me up--thats the funniest thing I read all night

These DCP forums are just so _hilarious_ to read !

People are only allowed to love the "approved" corps or dislike the "unapproved" ones -- this is the kind of twisted peer-pressured-conformity that drumcorps used to teach kids to overcome (back when drumcorps still existed).

If someone expresses an opinion that a corps' show is "lame", that's not necessarily "slamming" the corps, not anymore than expressing an opinion that a corps show is insanely great is blindly "honking" for them.

Back to the original Post,

Boz, Dawn, you can probly tell who I am and what I'd REALLY like to say about this matchup...

Edited by bksrbsfl

Doing a limitted tour in '06 for reasons of financial stability, great idea.

Doing a limitted tour in '07 for reasons of financial stability, ok, probably a good idea.

Doing a limitted tour in '08 for reasons of financial stability................sh_t or get off the pot.

We'll see.

...priceless...

Not that this will make or break them, but I hope a little 'long F' will give Spirit some more GE...