Music City Metal

Some may ask why we bring a small group such a long way to perform for 6 minutes. One of our goals is to expose our young playing members to the activity. Other than our show, none of our HS kids have ever seen a DCA show, so it's hard to work in our little void without knowing what we are striving for. So, the parking lot performances were just the cherry on top of the sundae of encouragement. Being up close to CV and MCL totally excited our folks, and my statement to them was that the post performance of CV was worth the 11 hour trip alone.

Thank you to all the South corps for the experience.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's 100 degrees with 100% humidity. Welcome to the South! Afternoon rain followed by the evening rain that left a nice fog everywhere.

I will post the photo of the stadium from my seat when photobucket completes their maintenance.

Shenandoah Sound: 6 brass. Fun show w/ good arrangements and a much drill as you can get with 6 brass. This was actually a much better group than I have seen in the past from them. They did manage to hit a 90 on the dB meter. All of the people around me were quite surprised.

[

I'm sure we could have broken 90 with our contra player present!

I know Dena (GCS) have a video camera on it. She pointed it at the dB meter a few times just so people would know that I was making up the readings.

Edited by Murph

another thank you to corpsvets for sitting in the back stands for MCL's performance and cheering us on. it was a great feeling to look beyond the corps i was conducting and see you all, in uniform, in the back stands cheering for us. truly classy and much appreciated. i'll let a hornline member comment on how it felt to have you all cheering them on during their backfield warmup...

I'm surprised camel lips hasn't jumped on this one so I will. The only time I've been nervous this year is during this warm-up! I really didn't want to sound like sheeit in front of you guys! Thanks for helping me get up for the show.

I know Dena (GCS) have a video camera on it. She pointed it at the dB meter a few times just so people would know that I was making up the readings.

Even better. I really need to get a full copy of that.

I would just like to say that I THROUGHLY enjoyed Corpsvets show and cannot wait to hear them again. Being a BD alum...well, that show is just Sweet! B)

Thanks for the props on the snareline, Stacy. It was good seeing you Saturday.

I wish I got see more but from the corps I saw throughout the day and evening I'd say drum corps is alive and well in the south.

I just loved Gulf Coast Sound's show. You guys know how to throw down some classic rock! It was a treat to watch your abbreviated rehearsal in the stadium then again after the show in the lot.

Derby City Knights is getting off to a great start with their mini-corps. Man can those guys put out some sound!

CorpsVets... I mean what can I say really other than... daaaayum! This corps is smokin' hot and will add at least 10 degrees to the ambient temperature in Rochester. You guys left me speechless after the parking lot jam. It was very cool to hang out with the CV tenor line for a little bit shootin' the poop. We'll definitely have to hook up for a brew or two in Rochester.

:mmm:

Edited by Hulka

Derby City Knights is getting off to a great start with their mini-corps. Man can those guys put out some sound!

Thanks Hulka.

I was extremely impressed by volume coming MCL also. I would have never guess you guys had only 25 horns.

Can't wait until Rockmart to see everyone again.

101 dB. Now that's awesome.