I want to scream "boooo"

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I have read and heard that it is not right to "boo" a particular corps or performance.

Says who? Do the fans at professional sports games boo? Should they be able to? What is the difference?

Booing is a right of the paying audience to pass judgement on the performer - just like clapping and giving a standing "O." Just like professional sports - not every player deserves to be "boo'd" - simply being part of the team makes them guilty by association.

I wish I was in Pasadena - I be screaming BOOOOO at the top of my lungs.

It's just not classy.

Also, there's a clear difference between drum corps and professional sports. Drum Corps members pay to be in the activity. Athletes GET paid. I doubt these kids that are marching want to hear choruses of "boo's" throughout their entire summer after shelling their own money to be on the field. Remember, they are sacrificing their summer and are doing this because they love the activity.

My take is that if you don't care for a particular show, use the restroom or hit up the concession stands.

i agree with the above comments and i'll add this...

EVERY member spends atleast a thousand dollars or more to participate in this activity. Gives up their summer to attempt to perfect 11 minutes of music with 134 or less other people. The rehearse hundreds of hours, sleep on gym floors and probably work harder than they have ever worked for anything.

and for YOU to boo that takes some bal_s. You don't have to like the show, heck there are probably some members that don't like the show there marching. BUT you have to atleast respect that they all work hard to do the show they are given. Thank god your not going to finals, don't want you to ruin the DVD or CD for anyone.

I have read and heard that it is not right to "boo" a particular corps or performance.

Says who? Do the fans at professional sports games boo? Should they be able to? What is the difference?

Booing is a right of the paying audience to pass judgement on the performer - just like clapping and giving a standing "O." Just like professional sports - not every player deserves to be "boo'd" - simply being part of the team makes them guilty by association.

Please come to Pasadena and exercise your "right" to boo loudly in Section 118, at row 30 near seat 101.

The reason I haven't been around here too much lately is for precisely this reason... Dude. You want to boo drum corps? Are you THAT bored? Seriously... No, seriously. If you can't get past the fact that these kids are paying to do this, hoping that they have a great summer and a good show, and all they get in return is some old person who is bitter booing them in their last and most important show, ruining their recording and video with absolute stupidity, than I pity you. I PITY YOU.

So 15 posts in, and everyone has slammed the guy. I think we get the point...unless someone wants to go ahead and agree with him, or he comes back out to try and defend himself.....

You do have that right, just like I'd have the right to boo at you 2 inches from your face the rest of the night, into the parking lot, and in my car on the road next to yours.

You do have that right, just like I'd have the right to boo at you 2 inches from your face the rest of the night, into the parking lot, and in my car on the road next to yours.

Hey...you see that guy over there...yeah him....that guy's a phony...thats right, a big fat PHONY. HEY PHONY, OVER HERE....wassamatter PHONY?!?!?!

Edited by euponitone

Then I'm so glad that instead of being with us here in Pasadena, you're gonna be stuck in your trailer park in Maine.

It's called class. Plain and simple. Unfortunately, some people have it, some people don't.