So sad

I think the only thing more sad and pathetic than that was I was once at an amusement park (Great America for you nor cal folks) and my then-husband (92 SCV ageout) saw someone wearing a 92 vanguard MEMBER shirt...only.....they weren't a member. Hmm, perhaps a mom of a member....?(she was an older lady). still a no-no but "acceptable".... So hubby walked up to her and said "Hey cool shirt. Do you know a member?" and she looked at him like he just said "Hey, lets chop off your arm and feed it to your kids" and he gestured towards your shirt and said "Your shirt...it's an 92 SCV member shirt" and she said "Oh.... I found this at the Goodwill".

:unsure:

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have all the shirts I bought and still wear all but my member shirt from 91. It has holes and the edge of the collar is basically gone. I will never throw it away--I worked too hard for it.

I feel your pain. I lost my 1984 Garfield Cadets shirt when it got cut off of me in the emergency room. For a while I entertained the idea of sewing on a zipper, but the visual was just too silly.

I don't know. That would be quite the conversation starter. I find it very funny.

Oh the things we mourn. :P

I still have my drum corps shirts in a show box. Can't wear them anymore, either. They are too fragile (and some moths drilled a few holes in them :-(...

I like the idea of making them into a quilt or a pillow or something.

I can't bear the thought of throwing them in the trash...just can't do it!

-=GM=-

I still have my drum corps shirts in a show box. Can't wear them anymore, either. They are too fragile (and some moths drilled a few holes in them :-(...

I like the idea of making them into a quilt or a pillow or something.

I can't bear the thought of throwing them in the trash...just can't do it!

-=GM=-

I got eight large dresser drawers worth of drum corps t-shirts and a whole side of my closet of polos/button downs. Some have holes and are barely even considered shirts, but I can't throw them away either.

That's why I suggested in another thread that DCI should have a flea market during championship week so people can sell all their old drum corps paraphernalia. I'd love some of my shirts to go to a new home (for a small price :) ).

I got eight large dresser drawers worth of drum corps t-shirts and a whole side of my closet of polos/button downs. Some have holes and are barely even considered shirts, but I can't throw them away either.

That's why I suggested in another thread that DCI should have a flea market during championship week so people can sell all their old drum corps paraphernalia. I'd love some of my shirts to go to a new home (for a small price :) ).

Come to think of it, I forgot about the large suitcase of corps shirts/shorts/boxers/posters/show programs etc...in my attic. I think your idea of a flea market during championships week is a good one. Sign me up!

-=GM=-