To the 2007 Crossmen and their staff

As a Crossmen alumni, I was very skeptical and unhappy with the move to Texas.

As a Crossmen alumni at the Stanford show this weekend, I was STUNNED.

You have all done a fantastic job with the Crossmen, and produced a high quality corps that is nothing but the Crossmen. Thank you very much for surprising this now very proud Crossmen alumni.

After your incredible performance, I went out and bought a Crossmen shirt for the first time since 1985. Several other members of the San Francisco Renegades did the same.

Keep up the great work, and best of luck at DCI.

Lee Rudnicki

p.s. The capes were GENIUS, and the best visual effect of the entire evening, bar none.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

agreed, crossmen are doing the things they need to do. If they have direction and a focused effort among staff, members, admin, and ALUMNI they will be a successful drum corps for a long time. they've survived a lot...probably more than any active div I corps and they're still fighting, BRAVO

I've loved the Crossmen since I first saw them in 1983. Being only 90 miles from San An, I'm very proud they are here in Texas, though I totally understood the concern from alums and others when the move was announced. Add me to the list of people applauding the Crossmen organization for pulling off a really incredible year. (And I LOVE the capes, too!)

i agree. crossmen got no love this year. they did a really hard show, tributes to the past and marched their butts off and for all they have been thought with the move AND starting spring training a week later than everyone, 15th place by 6 tenths for now is not bad at all. Props to the members and staff!!! i hope all that can return do - staff and members. i am excited for next season already.

go bones.

Edited by nctarheels05

i really wish they could somehow put the capes into their actual show to get some GE points

Maybe I missed this in some other thread, but could someone please explain their use of the capes? Are they not wearing them in the show? I haven't been able to see it, which is my reason in asking.

i agree. crossmen got no love this year. they did a really hard show, tributes to the past and marched their butts off and for all they have been thought with the move AND starting spring training a week later than everyone, 15th place by 6 tenths for now is not bad at all. Props to the members and staff!!! i hope all that can return do - staff and members. i am excited for next season already.

go bones.

Whatever place the 2007 Crossmen get, is really irrelevant to me. They are 100% the Crossmen, and their show is fantastic. I don't know what I was expecting from the Crossmen on Saturday, but it certainly wasn't the incredible and inspiring performance that I saw. If it takes them a season or two to continue to grow and move up, so be it.

Maybe I missed this in some other thread, but could someone please explain their use of the capes? Are they not wearing them in the show? I haven't been able to see it, which is my reason in asking.

The cap thingy...which is GREAT is only in the warm up part of the show the way DCI does the shows now. Many corps use the warmup part as part of the show but is not part that is judged.