Earthquake Welcomes DCI Championships to CA

merged earthquake threads.

And yeah, welcome to Sunny shaky California. Hope all is okay.

Will, do you remember where you were during the 1995 quake? I do, and it wasn't fun at all :(

The earthquake was actually in 1994, and I was in Bakersfield....2 weeks before school was to start up again. That thing shook me out of bed that morning.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

My daughter goes to college in California and has been waiting for an earthquake. She is home (in Wisconsin) right now and is going to be so mad that she missed it!

^0^

I was there in 1994, on a hillside house near Northridge! Wasn't fun at all. 4.5? no worries.....I better get ready for the show!!!!!!!!

The earthquake was actually in 1994, and I was in Bakersfield....2 weeks before school was to start up again. That thing shook me out of bed that morning.

94, sorry, I was typing too fast. was only 12 at the time. Things actually fell off my wall.

Yeah, this did wake me up last night, about 6 miles from the Rose Bowl. I just felt the bed vibrating for five to ten seconds, said to myself, "I think there was just a minor quake", and rolled right over and went back to sleep. I'm sure many heavier sleepers didn't even notice it.

94, sorry, I was typing too fast. was only 12 at the time. Things actually fell off my wall.

No worries. In 1989, my wife (girlfriend at that moment), was in Candlestick Park with her high school band (after doing the National Anthem) for the Bay Bridge World Series. Normally from the South Bay to San Francisco, it would take 1/2 hour to 45 minutes. After Loma Prieta hit, it took them about 4 hours to get back.

I was staying at my uncle's property in Granada Hills in '94 for college. The house stayed up with most of the frontal brick shaken off, all of the bookcases had fallen over, there was a small crack in the ceiling running from one side of the house to the other....thankfully, the house that was extremely elevated on a steep hill behind this house didn't cave down. Also commuted back to Bakersfield on some weekends on I-5 - not fun.