The Cadets at Quarterfinals

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, the penalty was accounted for the final scores. The Cadets ended up one tenth behind Phantom Regiment (94.5)

i know that but now on DCI they have a score of 96.5 with out the penalty

*Watches with antici.......

...pation*

Changing the rules ex post facto is not how you solve the problem. Now they have definitely been given a different playing field than the corps before them had. That is an unfair advantage. If any of those corps chose to deal with the status quo in lieu of a timing penalty, they deserve scoring compensation. Perhaps they should just throw out all of those scores.

Hopkins was 100% justified for his request. Timing or whatever, its a stupid stopwatch, line your fields they way they're supposed to and start the watch again.

They knew this going into the show! They practiced it that way!!!! Not the same thing!

Wait ... so you're saying that they marched this show all season using hash marks for ref's and then for one show they said "don't use the hash marks for ref's?" :beer: I guess some people will strtch anything to "fit" their agenda; The suppsositon that you have something to do with law enforcement make me nervous. "Let's twist the evidence to prove him guilty" *Nice*

Don't be so sure- he was in Acheson's face BIG TIME while the whole debacle was unfolding.

What brought about this change???? Better yet, who?? :beer: :o

'The way I figure, they took away the penalty out of pity for George. After all...two points is nothing compared to spending the rest of his life being the guy who put that piece of smelly cheese show on the field.

No director can influence a judge or score. I highly doubt "George got his way" is appropriate or even TRUE!

So you're assuming that DCI sat down and in the goodness of their hearts, called the Cadets and said 'we thought about it, and you're right; you SHOULD be able to decide on your own when you will and won't be ready to perform without talking to us about any problems beforehand...."

B)

Well, maybe DCI thought they we're wrong after all???