The Cadets at Quarterfinals

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be upset too. I guess you are against instant replays when OFFICIALS review what happened and make a fair decision?

Is there an instant replay rule in DCI? There are sports that don't have replay and bad calls simply stand and the results that came with them go down in the official record. They don't come back and say, "You're right. That was a homerun instead of a foul ball and that means you DID win the game in the bottom of the ninth instead of losing in the tenth. We've adjusted the outcome." It never happens. They try to keep the issue from coming up again in the future, but they don't change the results of an already completed competition.

I doubt Hopkins would lie to thousands of people just so his corps can get a competitive edge. He's not an a**hole. What he did was for safety only.

We get it. You drink Hoppy's Kool-Aid.

If what you say is truly the case, would you mind responding to a question from my previous post?

The crowd is going to behave how they're going to behave, and while I agree it is classless to boo a corps most people aren't going to stop. People are saying Hopkins is great for being concerned about his kids' safety. That may be, but then why doesn't he care about putting his kids in front of that kind of audience night after night just so that he can produce his artistic vision?
Edited by MagicBobert

I most likely have, on more than one occasion. finals week 05 were the most stressful shows ever because there was not telling what line was or wasn't going to be there. When i look for a hash/yard line I want it to be there. Thats why they made the new rule. Hashes are just as important as yard lines...maybe more important cause there are fewer of them.

BINGO!!

These are the shows that count. It's down to the wire. The kids are aiming for perfection. And the field has to be close to perfection as well.

If a director gains any sway over the altering of results of an already completed competition, they have too much influence. Problems get corrected for the next competition, if there were any problems to begin with. You don't change results.

Just imagine all the MLB scores that would have to be changed because of bad calls that were made. Look at any other competitive event. Mistakes are fixed for the future, but already completed results are not changed without severe damage to the competitive aspect of the activity. All credibility is lost when anybody is able to make scores change after the doors have closed.

You're ASSUMING that Mr. Hopkins DID these thigns you're accusing him if. Rather than toss around such nasty ideas, let's wait for a reply?

What if DCI comes back and says that they reviwed the tapes and realize marching without basic field marking could have been disasterous and thankfully Mr. Hopkins saw what other's didn't.

Cheers, :beer:

Sean

w/Stp:

Where is that NBA referee who helped shave points when you need him? I could have made a ton of $$ tonight if I would have bet at the track on the 20:1 odds Cadets would have gotten a penalty and then gotten it reversed. ####, looks like I have to pay off my credit card with my flights and tickets off legitimately now.

I most likely have, on more than one occasion. finals week 05 were the most stressful shows ever because there was not telling what line was or wasn't going to be there. When i look for a hash/yard line I want it to be there. Thats why they made the new rule. Hashes are just as important as yard lines...maybe more important cause there are fewer of them.

So you know the level the Cadets perform at. Do you honestly believe...honestly, that the kids were in "Danger" tonight, or were being asked to perform in conditions any worse than what you or I had to perform in?

Are you telling me that if you were trying to protect 135 people you cared dearly about and were penalized for it, you'd just stand there and take it?

If he thought what he did was right, he should take the timing penalty under the rules and move on with his mind clear. Now we have a situation where the credibility of the rules and scores are in serious doubt. Apparently, George feels that they will be damaged by the penalty and forced his way out of it. I hope he has never told his members that scores and placements don't matter, because they clearly do seem to matter.

You're apparently unaware of the scene Hopkins caused on the track when his score - with penalty - was announced.

Are we talking a Lou Piniella (in his prime) level of fit-throwing?

Where does Phantom...go for justice?

You forget! This is drum corps! We have built a fine tradition of being the eternal bridesmaid! We're Phantom Regiment Scrubbing Bubbles! We take 2nd...3rd...or 4th...SO YOU DON'T HAVE TOOOOOOooooooo *down the drain*