Spirit of Disney Award

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope, it was the Cavaliers in 2003. 2002 was the Cadets, and I think that was the first year, right?

No, it's been going on since the mid to late 90's.

Carolina Crown.

Cadets don't deserve anything after what their own corps director pulled last night.

The kids in the Cadets deserve a lot of credit for the talent and hard work. Otherwise I tend to agree. He put on a display of unprecedented proportions last night. He may have meant well but the way he handled himself was just embarrassing to watch. Extremely unprofessional.

The kids in the Cadets deserve a lot of credit for the talent and hard work. Otherwise I tend to agree. He put on a display of unprecedented proportions last night. He may have meant well but the way he handled himself was just embarrassing to watch. Extremely unprofessional.

I should have phrased that better. The kids deserve everything, however Hoppy does not.

The criteria for the Disney award is as well-kept of a secret as is selection in the Electoral College.

Given that, I feel that the Disney award is more geared toward the show that envelops the audience, is programmed for a broad level of drum corps experience/inexperience, and is easily accessible for what most people think "a good marching band should sound like." Although that definition with the award seems to lessen the program, it truly does lend credit to groups that focus on pleasing the audience first and the judging/fan community, second. I don't think it should ever be considered "the show that should have won," or "the fans' pick."

For this year's Disney award, my immediate reaction would be for Crown, but given my criteria, I don't see Crown's show as a lesser program geared at bringing the "joe six-pack" audience in--I see it as a serious program peformed really well. To me, I would have to go with Troopers or Pioneer for the Disney award this year.

Now, given how liberal Disney is, I wouldn't be surprised to see the award go to The Cadets, ^0^ .

Elmo Blatch

S

C

V

The criteria for the Disney award is as well-kept of a secret as is selection in the Electoral College.

Given that, I feel that the Disney award is more geared toward the show that envelops the audience, is programmed for a broad level of drum corps experience/inexperience, and is easily accessible for what most people think "a good marching band should sound like." Although that definition with the award seems to lessen the program, it truly does lend credit to groups that focus on pleasing the audience first and the judging/fan community, second. I don't think it should ever be considered "the show that should have won," or "the fans' pick."

For this year's Disney award, my immediate reaction would be for Crown, but given my criteria, I don't see Crown's show as a lesser program geared at bringing the "joe six-pack" audience in--I see it as a serious program peformed really well. To me, I would have to go with Troopers or Pioneer for the Disney award this year.

Now, given how liberal Disney is, I wouldn't be surprised to see the award go to The Cadets, ^0^ .

Elmo Blatch

The Year Cadets played Disney music (2000) and won the title....... BAC won the Spirit of Disney award!!!