Semis Score thread

IMO, this is as close as Cadets will get. I think semis is everyone's chance for some drama, tonight will be more in line with Quarters.

Well, that's what I hope, cause I want Blooo in fourth with high brass....

Amen to that! :)

But I agree, Cadets probably got as close as they were going to get last night. It will be difficult to beat BD in California, in front of that crowd, and on their 50th anniversary, and after they have won both quarter and semis. Not to mention they are a darn fine corps with an amazing show. Those are some tough odds.

But, I also think it will be a matter of performance. The narration aside, there are some things that just stand out when the Cadets nail their show, and I just find myself in awe of the ability of those kids and the demand in their show. They truly got a great crowd response last night and I was glad they changed some of the narration. If BD is somewhat off, then who knows.

As for the high brass award. I was downright depressed when I saw the captions. We went from a 19.8 to a 19.2, or something like that. I mean, we got dumped last night. I don't want to whine, and I love the other brass lines, but to say that the Bluecoats were .4 or .5 under BD, Phantom, and Cadets is crazy. They are great lines, but Blue is every bit as good, if not a tad better. I will be pulling for a brass title tonight, but with the seeding and last night's score this will be very difficult.

I also think the Bluecoats marched a much better show than they got credit for last night. Maybe Phantom was better, likely a bit cleaner than we are, but the two shows are much closer than the scores indicated, and as good as Crown and SCV are, I just think Coats are better.

Good luck to all.

JW

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Amen to that! :)

But I agree, Cadets probably got as close as they were going to get last night. It will be difficult to beat BD in California, in front of that crowd, and on their 50th anniversary, and after they have won both quarter and semis. Not to mention they are a darn fine corps with an amazing show. Those are some tough odds.

But, I also think it will be a matter of performance. The narration aside, there are some things that just stand out when the Cadets nail their show, and I just find myself in awe of the ability of those kids and the demand in their show. They truly got a great crowd response last night and I was glad they changed some of the narration. If BD is somewhat off, then who knows.

As for the high brass award. I was downright depressed when I saw the captions. We went from a 19.8 to a 19.2, or something like that. I mean, we got dumped last night. I don't want to whine, and I love the other brass lines, but to say that the Bluecoats were .4 or .5 under BD, Phantom, and Cadets is crazy. They are great lines, but Blue is every bit as good, if not a tad better. I will be pulling for a brass title tonight, but with the seeding and last night's score this will be very difficult.

I also think the Bluecoats marched a much better show than they got credit for last night. Maybe Phantom was better, likely a bit cleaner than we are, but the two shows are much closer than the scores indicated, and as good as Crown and SCV are, I just think Coats are better.

Good luck to all.

JW

here we go again. Sorry, but the Bluecoats being behind any of those three corps in brass is NOT crazy. They are all good brasslines! Period! You, nor I, are in no way qualified to judge, so you don't know what you are talking about. Period! Personally, I'm hoping Bluecoats stay in 7th! Their show simply doesn't measure up to the corps above them, from a visual or GE standpoint! I could see them placing as high as 5th tonight, but I could also see them placing 7th. IMO, there's no way in hell they should beat Vanguard. Vanguard's show is far superior to Bluecoats in every single capacity (from a desgin standpoint). I could see Bluecoats beating them in Brass, Percussion and Guard, however.

Then again, the Bluecoats got 4th last year and 5th in '05, when they should have been 6th both years. So, you never know.

Edited by carter90210

Um.... finals is anyone's ball game right now between BD, Cadets, Cavies, and yes folks.... even PR!!! (Remember Madison coming out of no where in 1988?!?!?!??!?!?!?!)

Umm... We won both prelims and finals in 1988.

I think Phantom will really have to turn it on to beat Cavaliers. It's possible.

They probably won't beat BD or Cadets. But man, it would be exciting if they did. b**bs

But Regiment was 4th in Quarters, only .1 above 5th place! That, IMO, was a rarity we will likely never see again.

no, probably not

I've been at the show both nights and will be there later today.

Bluecoats were 7th overall in my book, I thought their guard should have been in 8th behind BK... judges have scored BC's guard in 7th the past two nights......... What do I know?

Tonight I will keep my eyes and ears on Coats horns, drums and drill. They sound great.

Cadets are perfecting their difficult and lackluster show just in time. They make what they're doing look very difficult. Cadets guard is not good enough to be pulling in a huge number like yesterdays 19.5 They should be scored no higher then the top 5 or 6 guards what ever that number may be. I look forward with anticipation to see if that guard score will hold.

Crown has the strongest guard this year and went from 2nd to 5th 19.00 ???? I watched the top 7 guards warm up Semis. Crown is the sh$t.

Crown's horns did not have their best show yesterday....had some horn fracks that sucked for them, it just gives them room for a better show tonight. Less of a show (thin), then their friends around them, but they are superb this weekend!

Vanguard was hot last night, (SCV and the 15th place scouts have been the high-light of my 2007) I knew SCV had to be on the move up and over a few corps. Easy to see SCV in top 5.

2007 PR is not one of my alltime allstar Phantom productions, that said, they are so GREAT live! Their Horns, Drums and Guard are remarkable GO PHANTOM! big WOW!!! Their guard is in the top three both nights. (Crown moved out and Cadets moved in) Did I tell you how weak Cadets guard show is this year?? ok, I am ready to give it up for PR tonight!

BD have been the assassins-that-they-are this week, darn they are good at what they do. AND, it's not the west coats crowd that gives them magical powers (as some seem to think) they are just better then the rest. How the heck did Cadets pass BD in guard scores.......

Colts have a brass sound that brings me to tears........ I close my eyes and take Colts in (if I open my eyes I keep em on the brass (not unlike BC).

Cavies seem to have a drum break going more often then horns playing..... Cavies are a pleasure. (If Cavies have the best guard out there 19.6 HOW THE HECK DID CADETS GET A 19.5?)

Great shows for me tonight will be:

SCV

PR

Crown

BD

Cavies

Cadets & Colts

and the rest :)

Edited by Cop

so you don't know what you are talking about.

Ok, but I do.

Bluecoats brass is not a 4th place line or book. :)

Ok, but I do.

Bluecoats brass is not a 4th place line or book. :)

Ok i have to ask .

Based on the sheet and field sampling at the show last night , Where would you have them and why ?

Not based on what you heard online or in the stands . but the actual judges sheet for field brass.