DCI Finals Live on ESPN2 in HD

I'll only be happy when DCI is on the Ocho!

I still haven't seen Cornhole on ESPN....

And not even on the little brother of ESPN...

ESPN2

But boy, if they do, I'll be there.

And to throw this somewhat off topic :P

I've wanted to ask FYE if they'd ever get a DCI section.

Right now, they've got tennis and little league baseball on. Nothing obscure but, sadly (for me, at least), nothing to do with DCI either.

I'll only be happy when DCI is on the Ocho!

I was waiting for somebody to pull the Ocho out. :D

People are stupid. They see a hornline blasting apart a stadium with their sound and they think of flutes and saxophones. They see a drumline and they think of Nick Cannon. They see a flag and they think of majorettes and ugly-faced nerds with 70s-style braces.

Most of all, they've been taught to make fun of marching bands, which most marching bands actually do live up to their steryotypes of being full of nerds that play louie-louie. When we show them us, we have to be sure that we hit all of their interests and seperate ourselves from marching bands as much as possible. They give DCI much unneeded negativity, due to closed-mindedness of people that have been brought up to hate or make fun of marching bands.

..good point

Here's one big reason. Finals is the big money maker night. Unless you get such a large fan base that can support both attending the show, and watching on ESPN or any other network, you won't see it happening.

You know why there are blackout options for sporting events? It's to keep people from just not showing up to the game because it's on TV. See the Arizona Cardinals. Most of their games end up being blacked out in the Phoenix area so that people will show up at the game. It's money, plain and simple.

Tape-delay it, and you can have your cake and eat it to. And right now, I honestly think it is a great decision by DCI to do it this way.

Here's one big reason. Finals is the big money maker night. Unless you get such a large fan base that can support both attending the show, and watching on ESPN or any other network, you won't see it happening.

You know why there are blackout options for sporting events? It's to keep people from just not showing up to the game because it's on TV. See the Arizona Cardinals. Most of their games end up being blacked out in the Phoenix area so that people will show up at the game. It's money, plain and simple.

Tape-delay it, and you can have your cake and eat it to. And right now, I honestly think it is a great decision by DCI to do it this way.

Is Finals attendance higher now in the tape-delay age than in the live broadcast days? (I've never seen the numbers)