Thank you Cadets

The Cadets this year were a study in precision. I sincerely hope that the guys/gals in the corps had fun, and I also hope that their design team makes more prudent choices in the future.

:worthy:

:worthy::worthy::beer::beer::beer:

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First off, let me admit, I'm not too big of a Cadets fan. I certainly don't dislike them, but they're not very consistently at the top of my list.

That having been said, I was rather shocked when they didn't take quarters. By the time finals night rolled around the shock had worn off somewhat, but I was still surprised. I'm not saying BD didn't deserve what they got, but there's no denying the Cadets put on a killer show. I enjoyed it the first time I saw it and I enjoyed it the last. Though not my absolute favorite of the season, it is the only show that gave me chills in multiple spots every time I saw it. Excellent work Cadets.

As for the fans who booed and gave all sorts of negative comments and reactions, there were eleven other corps there that didn't focus on narration... so why are you spending so much time and energy criticizing the one that did? If it's not your style then enjoy the ones that are your style. There's no need to criticize a new approach to drum corps... especially when only one of twelve corps did it.

The show was pretty demanding. Can they get just a little credit?

No question the show was demanding, and beautifully performed, but the most demanding? Sorry that's a stretch in my book.

No question the show was demanding, and beautifully performed, but the most demanding? Sorry that's a stretch in my book.

So who had the most demanding show "in your book"?

So who had the most demanding show "in your book"?

Should be another thread, but Blue Devils for me, just my opinion.

Should be another thread, but Blue Devils for me, just my opinion.

BD's show was excellent and I loved every minute of it. As for most demanding though, I'd have to disagree. Nevertheless, the show was excellent.

And this is what makes the world go around!

Read before you reply. I never said they never played, only that how can it be the most demanding with all of the other corps doing just as much if not more than the Cadets? It is you who are in no position to make such a call. Down boy, it's just drum corps.

Just as much if not more?? I disagree. They did more, and just about anybody can see it. And i am absolutely 'in a position' to make such a call. Doesnt mean that im right, but 'making the call' is pretty much what we do here if you hadnt noticed. After all, its just dcp :P

I will post this again, the Cadets performed at very high level and thank you for that. I am not a fan of the narration, but I can say this, if the Cadets would've pulled out after Thursday night, I would've been very sad. So thanks for toughing it out and making Saturday night one of the most breathless since 1996!!!

And yes having grown up in Indy (Go Colts!!!) I can hardly wait for the new stadium too.