Thank you Cadets

I was not at finals, I saw the Cadets at Fairfield in June.

I am against the use of amplified voice in the marching arts. My personal preference is all instrumental.

I saw the Cadets during semis over the webcast, and just watched again on the Encorps video.

All that to say, I am blown away by this show. In June I was distracted by the narration. I have now listened to the entire show several times over Encorps video. The narration is still a distraction at times to me, probably because of timing and speaking over the music, which I would rather hear by itself. But I get the message of the narration. It draws my heart into the music and presentation, when I've given it a chance. At first I thought the narration was too much navel gazing about drum corps. But now I hear the emotion of it, and it affects me, I am draw to it. And the demand and execution of general effect of this show is amazing to me.

Thank you Cadets. I predict I will look back on this show as one of my favorites.

edit: for typos.

Edited by GmenBari78

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Cadets,

Congrats on a great year and a show you should be proud of..Many who know me can tell you that I'm not the biggest Cadets fan out there..But after seeing you perform several times this year, there's no way I could ignore how truly amazing this show was..In my eyes, the most demanding show put on a field since Star of the early 90's..Amazing hornline with just a WALL of sound..Note: This next statement is meant as a compliment and not a bash! People may question your marching technique.I must say, I'm one of them..I had a friend who marched Cadets try to teach me and I couldn't hold a long tone for the life of me..It just makes me more impressed that you could sound so good with that technique..It can't be easy. Also, don't let the quarterfinals situation bother you..To be honest, I would of done the same thing if I were the corps director. There's NO WAY I would let my corps march drill that demanding with no hash marks..Espcially for quarterfinals..He was looking out for the saftey of the members and I would NEVER boo him for that..Also, don't let that hurt your view towards west coast fans..True West Coast fans aren't like that..I marched with SCV the last time The Cadets were in Cali, and I can remember the crowd loving you guys out there..Our drivers picked you guys up when you arrived in Cali and they mentioned the respect you gave when your drumline tapped Art's picture while leaving the drum bus. Again, congrats on a great season!

PS-I had you in first..easily.

Edited by ScvSpirit

We should have made a sight like this before finals. I just ask where were all you non cadet alumni before finals saying how hard Cadets show was and how great their hornline was?

God knows Blue Devils Show was even half as hard as Cadets, but everyone waits to after the fact to say anthing.

What a disspointment and getting 2nd place at dci is the worse than 3rd because in 2001 for me it hurt and stung worse than when I was at Glassmen in 98,99 and got 5th.

We should have made a sight like this before finals. I just ask where were all you non cadet alumni before finals saying how hard Cadets show was and how great their hornline was?

God knows Blue Devils Show was even half as hard as Cadets, but everyone waits to after the fact to say anthing.

What a disspointment and getting 2nd place at dci is the worse than 3rd because in 2001 for me it hurt and stung worse than when I was at Glassmen in 98,99 and got 5th.

I know how you feel, but lets just appreciate the fact that a lot of people are now realizing how good the show was.

I was taking care of my mom who fell and broke her neck.

I was working 60 plus hours a week.

I was barely able to keep up with reading this website, let alone post.

That is where I was. Not everyone is able to remain a fanatic and about drum corps and still do the rest of life (even tho I want to!)