1.) General Putnams Men

2.) Santa Clara Vanguard

3.) Skokie Imperials/Blue Stars - Tie

5.) Cardinals of Precious Blood

6.) Cavaliers

7.) Des Plaines Vanguard

8.) Blue Devils

9.) Bluecoats

10.) Carolina Crown (by 1/10th of a tenth of a point... new scoring system.)

11.) Phantom Regiment

12.) Argonne Rebels

13.) Kingsmen Reunion/Alumni Corps

* Madison Scout's take the year off to tour with the London Symphony Orchestra/Led Zepplin concert tour

* Cadets appear exclusively on Broadway

Some will have to reorganize and come back from long gone, but I think they can do it.

You heard it here first.

:P

Man, can't Geneseo make finals just ONE GOD ###### TIME??? Even in cyberspace?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Denver had a ton to do (absolutely loved Estes Park, if DCI ever goes back I'd reccomend that anyone that goes checks it out) and Providence is much closer to Boston then Indy is to Chicago. Don't get me wrong, people have their reasons not to like either location and I agree with a good bit of them, but lack of stuff to do if you're making an extended trip out of it isn't one of them.

Denver had a ton to do if you happen to like the things in Denver. Nothing wrong with that. For everyone who might enjoy a day in Estes Park ( I agree, btw :) ), someone else would enjoy a day at the Indianapolis Speedway (for example). My point is that Indy is no different than any other mid size city that doesn't have a Disney facility or the Strip. There are enough things to do and other cities within driving distance that if you can't fill up the limited time we have during Finals week, that's not really DCI's fault. I wouldn't put Indy any higher or lower on my vacation wish list than Denver, Providence, Madison, Kansas City, Montreal, Birmingham or many others. Other than the fact that THAT'S WHERE FINALS ARE !!!!!

I go back to my earlier question: how many days of activities do you need to fill and explain to me again how Madison or Providence filled that need but Indy wouldn't??

Edited by Liam

You're right:

http://www.indy.org/indianapolis/web/jsp/w...x=1187110701523

They better not even be THINKING of using the RCA Dome as a backup. I'm never going to another drum corps show there. I'd sell my tickets on eBay first.

I am kinda planning on it being held there at this point.

It has been quite a while since tickets were not on sale at this point. I don't know that the date they will go on sale has even been announced yet.

I am kinda planning on it being held there at this point.

It has been quite a while since tickets were not on sale at this point. I don't know that the date they will go on sale has even been announced yet.

And I guess you have to figure that despite the announcement that Bloomington was the backup site, Indianapolis will very much want to keep it in their city if they possibly can, so for that reason, the RCA Dome may be where it ends up if Lucas Oil isn't finished and if nothing else is booked at the Dome that week. But it's just a horrible place for a DCI championship-- the sound is so bad in there. I'm hoping it's just a mistake, that the Indy Tourism & Convention Bureau is showing it at the Dome because there's always a DCI show at the Dome each summer.

Hopefully they won't change venues after tickets were sold. I bought tickets when they went on sale for the 2000 finals supposedly at FedEx Field and got great seats. Happy Happy! Then I find out that the venue changed and by the time I received notification by mail, everyone that was close to DCI headquarters got first dibs on the new seating and I ended up with crappy seats at the new venue. Talk about ######!

You're right:

http://www.indy.org/indianapolis/web/jsp/w...x=1187110701523

They better not even be THINKING of using the RCA Dome as a backup. I'm never going to another drum corps show there. I'd sell my tickets on eBay first.

Pretty sure the RCA dome will be rubble or close to it by the time finals come around. They have a very tight schedule to adhere to in order to get the new convention center expansion done by 2010. To stay on that schedule, they need to have the dome razed in early 2008.

Indy CC/RCA dome schedule

The last event listed is a very large (for Indy) firefighters show that consumes the entire convention center as well as the dome floor. Powersports expo in February is the same way. I can almost 100% guarantee that the firefighters show in April is that last event in the dome.

The Oil Can will be ready for DCI in August. :)

From a business and legistical stand point I think having finals in Indy for several years is a good idea. Many corps might be able to build relationships with a given HS and stay the same place from year to year. Knowing both the good and the bad of the stadium and what to expect, etc.

From a fan/tourist standpoint I don't much care for it. I'm not a nascar fan at all. And having grown up in Ohio close to the Indiana border, I have to say my few tirps there were not the most exciting in my life.

I imagine I'll be more likely to show up Wednesday evening and just do drum corps. Save my other vacation days to go somewhere more interesting to me.

Pretty sure the RCA dome will be rubble or close to it by the time finals come around. They have a very tight schedule to adhere to in order to get the new convention center expansion done by 2010. To stay on that schedule, they need to have the dome razed in early 2008.

Indy CC/RCA dome schedule

The last event listed is a very large (for Indy) firefighters show that consumes the entire convention center as well as the dome floor. Powersports expo in February is the same way. I can almost 100% guarantee that the firefighters show in April is that last event in the dome.

The Oil Can will be ready for DCI in August. :)

Thanks, that's a relief.