2008 DCI Finals

How come there has been no mention this week by DCI about the 2008 DCI Finals in Indianapolis? I heard the Stadium might not be built in time??? Is DCI working on another location for 2008? :worthy::tic::worthy:

Dude, for those of us that watched the webcasts and maybe you too, after nearly every ad for DCI/NAAM, etc betwween there was a crazy INDY tourism ad. Trust me. It'll be in Indy.

Edited by lawrenceleclaire

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dunno bout 08 but If anyone starts a 08 prediction threads anytime between now and next month..........I will do unspeakable acts!

How come there has been no mention this week by DCI about the 2008 DCI Finals in Indianapolis? I heard the Stadium might not be built in time??? Is DCI working on another location for 2008? :worthy::tic::worthy:

Seating is not definite yet in stadium. Should be announced after Labor day. This will be a Ticket Master Venue also.

If this stadium is anything like Reliant Stadium in Houston then I think it will be a fantastic site for drum corps. Reliant has surprisingly good accoustics and the seats are very close to the field including the upper decks (very vertical orientation). On a downside, let's hope this stadium will get better sunlight. The turf at reliant sucks arse. :tic:

Reliant still has natural grass, right? The new stadium at Indy will have fieldturf.

It's only been an hour since the scores have been posted. You have to give people time to digest the scores, finals are over and all that jazz that comes with this. I can't wait until 2008 and my age out year (that's scary to say).
Doesn't matter. Almost every year that I can think of being at Finals, there has been some sort of promotion during retreat for the following year's championships.

They did run some of those Indiana CVB ads in the stadium, and there was some sort of banner as well.

This does constitute a conspicuous absence, and realizing this I concluded that they stadium was likely behind schedule prior to reading the OP's claim.

Here we go - completely based on NOTHING!

1. Phantom

2. SCV

3. Cadets

4. Cavaliers

5. Blue Devils

6. Carolina

7. Bluecoats

8. Boston

9. Colts

10. Blue Knights

11. Madison

12. Spirit

Reliant still has natural grass, right? The new stadium at Indy will have fieldturf.

Oh good. Yes, reliant still has grass...brown grass spray painted green but grass none the less

Well, if that's the case, somebody didn't tell the Indy Tourism & Convention people, who were out in full force with a tent and info display in Souvie City this week.

I think Indy's a lock ... Personally, would never have planned to visit Indy for any reason, but having suffered through true Finals Hell-holes like Jackson, I will happily to go to Indy instead.