2008 DCI Finals

I dunno bout 08 but If anyone starts a 08 prediction threads anytime between now and next month..........I will do unspeakable acts!

:tic:

2008 finals:

1.) General Putnams Men

2.) Santa Clara Vanguard

3.) Skokie Imperials/Blue Stars - Tie

5.) Cardinals of Precious Blood

6.) Cavaliers

7.) Des Plaines Vanguard

8.) Blue Devils

9.) Bluecoats

10.) Carolina Crown (by 1/10th of a tenth of a point... new scoring system.)

11.) Phantom Regiment

12.) Argonne Rebels

13.) Kingsmen Reunion/Alumni Corps

* Madison Scout's take the year off to tour with the London Symphony Orchestra/Led Zepplin concert tour

* Cadets appear exclusively on Broadway

Some will have to reorganize and come back from long gone, but I think they can do it.

You heard it here first.

:P

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How come there has been no mention this week by DCI about the 2008 DCI Finals in Indianapolis?

Because Ticketmaster will likey be handling the sales, unfortunately, and Ticketmaster only sells specific seats [e.g. "Section 20, row 45, 7 & 8", not "2 Super Premium seats preferably in the upper deck"], and they're probably still negotiating the seating chart for Lucas Oil Stadium, a work in progress.

Party at my house (ten miles from the DCI Division II & III prelims in Michigan City) before we head off to Indy, which WILL be ready for us to break in the new Lucus Oil Stadium.

Seating is not definite yet in stadium. Should be announced after Labor day. This will be a Ticket Master Venue also.

It would have been nice if DCI communicated its plan for selling tickets to the 2008 DCI Championships. Maybe they could have had a flyer you pick up along with your daily scores/lineup sheet at the DCI stand. Not jumping on your back.....it just Amazes me (Or...maybe not anymore) how DCI continues to be so pathetic with communication. They are easily the worst Org. that I deal with in terms of communication. Weather it be from the office staff or the staff at a show.....they never seem to have full answers to questions....or interest in getting you a full answer. <**> <**>

How come there has been no mention this week by DCI about the 2008 DCI Finals in Indianapolis? I heard the Stadium might not be built in time??? Is DCI working on another location for 2008? :worthy::beer::beer:

My understanding is that DCI, thanks to the help of Jim Mason, has the facilities at Bloomington reserved just in case the new stadium in Idnianapolis is not ready in time.

No offense intended, however, be it Indianapolis or Bloomington, it's all kind of a let down after Pasadena, tourism wise. But then I LOVE SoCal.

How come there has been no mention this week by DCI about the 2008 DCI Finals in Indianapolis? I heard the Stadium might not be built in time??? Is DCI working on another location for 2008? :worthy::beer::beer:

Cuz there ain't nothin to do in Indy. Go ask the guys who ran the booth @ the DCI Marketplace. <**>

Cuz there ain't nothin to do in Indy. Go ask the guys who ran the booth @ the DCI Marketplace. <**>

Honestly, there isn't that much to do in Madison either. Or Denver. Or Providence RI, Or Jackson MS. There was tons to do in Orlando, and the consensus here is to NEVER go back there. And actually, I LOVE DisneyWorld, but who had time to go during finals week anyway. I go to Finals every year to go to the shows, which cuts into the days and evenings pretty good precluding you from doing too much else. Granted, SOME people tack on a few days on the front or back, but I would hazard to guess that's a small minority of the attendees. This year, I went to Venice Beach one day and visited friends another day and otherwise went to shows. Had a GREAT time. Saw thismuch of LA.

Indy has the speedway to visit, lots of museums, parks, the Canal Walk downtown, tons of restaurants, a zoo, NCAA Hall of Champions, Childrens Museum, golf courses, etc,etc,etc. (and these are just the things I pulled off of a 2 minute search on the internet). Plus you're 3 hours from Chicago if you want to dovetail a vacation there. And don't even TRY to tell me there ain't nothin to do in Chicago !!!! :)

I mean really, how many days of activities do you need to fill and explain to me again how Madison or Providence filled that need but Indy wouldn't??

Edited by Liam

My understanding is that DCI, thanks to the help of Jim Mason, has the facilities at Bloomington reserved just in case the new stadium in Idnianapolis is not ready in time.
The Indianapolis CVB web site lists the RCA Dome as the venue.

Honestly, there isn't that much to do in Madison either. Or Denver. Or Providence RI, Or Jackson MS. There was tons to do in Orlando, and the consensus here is to NEVER go back there. And actually, I LOVE DisneyWorld, but who had time to go during finals week anyway. I go to Finals every year to go to the shows, which cuts into the days and evenings pretty good precluding you from doing too much else. Granted, SOME people tack on a few days on the front or back, but I would hazard to guess that's a small minority of the attendees. This year, I went to Venice Beach one day and visited friends another day and otherwise went to shows. Had a GREAT time. Saw thismuch of LA.

Indy has the speedway to visit, lots of museums, parks, the Canal Walk downtown, tons of restaurants, a zoo, NCAA Hall of Champions, Childrens Museum, golf courses, etc,etc,etc. (and these are just the things I pulled off of a 2 minute search on the internet). Plus you're 3 hours from Chicago if you want to dovetail a vacation there. And don't even TRY to tell me there ain't nothin to do in Chicago !!!! :)

I mean really, how many days of activities do you need to fill and explain to me again how Madison or Providence filled that need but Indy wouldn't??

Denver had a ton to do (absolutely loved Estes Park, if DCI ever goes back I'd reccomend that anyone that goes checks it out) and Providence is much closer to Boston then Indy is to Chicago. Don't get me wrong, people have their reasons not to like either location and I agree with a good bit of them, but lack of stuff to do if you're making an extended trip out of it isn't one of them.

What were we talking about again? :P

Indy should be one fun trip to make next year. I've been meening to check out the NCAA Hall of Champions so that will be a nice little side trip for me.