Cavaliers Ripped in G.E. Visual

It doesn't matter how many times corps A beats corps B in a certain caption, it matters on that nights performance and the judge that happens to be there that night. If the judge never put cavies up then why shocked when he does the same thing finals night?

GE Visual is not based on how clean a corps alone. Part but not all. For that you look to visual ensemble. GE is mainly how well composed the drill is, how well it helps in getting the point of the show across, and how entertaining it is.

True the cavies performed very well last night, but not as well as either the cadets or blue devils. Imho I feel like their drill this year lacked the quality of the years prior.

And yes I was there all three nights

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you've been around the activity for a while, you realize and accept that there are trends in design and judging which have no real rhyme or reason behind them.

Was Cavies visual program suddenly much worse this year than its been for the rest of this decade? Probably not. I didn't see them, so I can't say for sure. But I doubt it.

Was it ever as far ahead of everyone else as the judging seemed to reflect? No, not really. It was simply new and fashionable.

The same thing has happened to BD and Cadets multiple times. They change up their style and dominate for a while until it becomes stale, then they wander around in the wilderness for a while until it they find something new again and propel themselves back to the top.

It's confusing and upsetting when you're on the wrong side of it? Sure. But an honest and unbiased observer would admit that Cavies have benefited from it far more than it has hurt them.

234 charts . . . not including subsets. 90 percent of it at least 180, about 50-60 percent of it in the 200's.

I hope more people can come on here and post about the difficulty of shows they didn't march.

Edited by jake_the_hydra

Wow, there is so much BS in this thread (especially from people who really don't have a clue) I have no idea where to even begin a response.

Euponitone said it best.

Woohoo....210 sets, like throwing out that number makes it a big deal. The cadets had 200 sets, but im not whining that their drill was better than bds and should have won everything. Yeah I liked it more, but it doesnt automatically make it better. Here's a little tidbit for all you BD (and cadet, phantom, etc drill haters). Flashy, geometric drill, is not inherently better than curvalinear drill

wickerbill,

I agree with your statement as well. I do not believe that Cavies have any

business scoring higher in GE Music than Regiment.

Here is the big deal: Your own statement: Every judge, especially in something like GE has their own preferences

This is why there needs to be a change.

Funny, I was saying the same thing as OP Thursday night, but about Czazinski--notorious wannabee Cavalier bus mom.

If the drill was so dirty, why did they win visual performance? You are not

making any sense.

If your statement is true that "this was the dirtiest the cavies have been drill wise",

then my point even has further merit! What are the judges looking at?

Just to let you know, you can win visual performance and still be dirty...I wasn't there, so I'm not sure if they were dirty or not..But visual performance is seperate from visual ensemble..I see that they were 3rd in visual ensemble also while being first in performance..So, there you have it..

the GE looks at the big picture...like i said before. you can have every member of the corps marching exactly the same as the next person and win visual performance. on the other hand, that doesn't matter at all if the corps can't march clean forms. that is what visual ensemble and GE Visual looks at...THE BIG PICTURE