Why the Cadets should have won

The Cadets were good... very good... but I could not really get into the show with all those stupid comments during the middle of the mus.c.

Drop the mic-ed shows! :doh:

Ok, but what if that was you son or daughter saying those things.....would you really want someone to say they were stupid comments

Just a little consideration for others please.

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just so you know... I was in the stands that night and a ton of people were making fun of those Cadets comments and some where putting their fingers in their ears.

Well, that settles it for me. . .The Cadets show sucked. :doh:

/sarcasm. . .these were probably the same people who booed two nights earlier.

Well, that settles it for me. . .The Cadets show sucked. :doh:

/sarcasm. . .these were probably the same people who booed two nights earlier.

So everyone who didn't like the Cadets was rude and all behaved the same way booing and recking havoc all week long. :doh:

That would be VERY incorrect. No one in my group was there Thursday night. And while I didn't like the show (nor did anyone in my group) none of us booed Friday or Saturday and would not have booed Thursday.

There were indeed many poeple in my areas (different section each night) that didn't like the show. People of all ages. No one booed or was rude. We just didn't like the show.

I believe the gentleman who started this blog needs to go back to his DCI tapes and watch those that came before. This isn't a "Blast" show, a Rock Concert or a Broadway musical. All that doesn't belong on the field. Just like the sissy-ballet marching that half of the corps are doing these days!

I do have a ton of respect for these performers and the hard work that goes into the shows, I just think those "powers-that- be" in DCI are losing the true spirit of Drum Corps and the activity.

Actually, no. They are spot on. It's commentary like this that loses the true spirit of what drum corps is all about.

The Cadets were good... very good... but I could not really get into the show with all those stupid comments during the middle of the mus.c.

The Cadets were tied for first in Overall Effect....how did their narration hurt them?

I'd say bieng .65 out in percussion is one of the main reason they ended up where they were.

Dan,

Why do you think that? They were tied for 1st in effect. Their .65 out in percussion made up most of the diference, and their low guard placement did not help either.

Narration had, IMO, no deleterious effect on their score. Of course, the only way to know for sure would be to hear the tapes.

the narration didnt hurt our score, the judges liked it all season (they often complimented the performers for being able to run around at 200+ bpm and play and then give a line like its a walk-in-the-park)....I have yet to see the Blue Devils show (waiting for the DVDs), but I'm guessing they were the cleaner of the two of us that night. All season long we knew we had a beast of a show.....crazy tempos (204 bpm before the turn around, 192 bpm 2nd half of opener, 192 bpm end of blue shades, 210 bpm the whole closer....with 172 and 176 bpm everywhere else in the show), lots of Forte music, and lots of hard-exposed drill to clean. We didnt exactly play it safe from the design stand point. But we knew in order to get credit we would have to work and perform like crazy because the judges arent going to give us anything just for doing hard stuff. My guess is that the Blue Devils were super clean, as usual, and we fell a little short because of execution....its the nature of the beast. Perhaps we bit off more than we could chew and thats what makes the Cadets who they are, but we're not blaming it on the narration.

So everyone who didn't like the Cadets was rude and all behaved the same way booing and recking havoc all week long. :doh:

That would be VERY incorrect. No one in my group was there Thursday night. And while I didn't like the show (nor did anyone in my group) none of us booed Friday or Saturday and would not have booed Thursday.

There were indeed many poeple in my areas (different section each night) that didn't like the show. People of all ages. No one booed or was rude. We just didn't like the show.

Reading comprehension is a beautiful thing.

I was responding directly to his post about people making remarks and putting their fingers in their ears.

I believe the gentleman who started this blog needs to go back to his DCI tapes and watch those that came before. This isn't a "Blast" show, a Rock Concert or a Broadway musical. All that doesn't belong on the field. Just like the sissy-ballet marching that half of the corps are doing these days!

I do have a ton of respect for these performers and the hard work that goes into the shows, I just think those "powers-that- be" in DCI are losing the true spirit of Drum Corps and the activity.

Actually, no. They are spot on. It's commentary like this that loses the true spirit of what drum corps is all about.

The Cadets were tied for first in Overall Effect....how did their narration hurt them?

I'd say bieng .65 out in percussion is one of the main reason they ended up where they were.

the narration didnt hurt our score, the judges liked it all season (they often complimented the performers for being able to run around at 200+ bpm and play and then give a line like its a walk-in-the-park)....I have yet to see the Blue Devils show (waiting for the DVDs), but I'm guessing they were the cleaner of the two of us that night. All season long we knew we had a beast of a show.....crazy tempos (204 bpm before the turn around, 192 bpm 2nd half of opener, 192 bpm end of blue shades, 210 bpm the whole closer....with 172 and 176 bpm everywhere else in the show), lots of Forte music, and lots of hard-exposed drill to clean. We didnt exactly play it safe from the design stand point. But we knew in order to get credit we would have to work and perform like crazy because the judges arent going to give us anything just for doing hard stuff. My guess is that the Blue Devils were super clean, as usual, and we fell a little short because of execution....its the nature of the beast. Perhaps we bit off more than we could chew and thats what makes the Cadets who they are, but we're not blaming it on the narration.

Summed up better than any of us observers have thus far. Bravo.

Mike, which Effect caption is the narration judged under?

Yes you do

No I dont. everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

so dont tell me what i do or dont