DCA opening a junior divison

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of us did this kind of thing back in the day, and yes we did take a sandwich and maybe get a dinner at MacDonalds. If all-age DCA members can do it why not junior DCA members?

I'd be surprised if they (junior members) would actually WANT that experience these days. The lure of joining a drum corps isn't about taking a sandwich in a paper bag.

I'd be surprised if they (junior members) would actually WANT that experience these days. The lure of joining a drum corps isn't about taking a sandwich in a paper bag.

If the choice is between a bag lunch when you get to perform that night, or a 4 course meal at home with Mom and Dad because your corps went inactive in May, which do you think most members would choose? I know it's the Gameboy generation but kids aren't that much softer than we were in the '70s.

BTW - when you're doing the Christmas parade thing, "bring a bag lunch" is still a pretty standard procedure

Edited by kusankusho

Gary,............I agree with you............but why do you write..........with a bunch of periods.............between phrases?.....................just curious.

I still don't see a reason for DCA to do this or for a Junior corps to take part.

The How is fun to talk about, but the Why needs to be answered in a compelling way. Perhaps the Open Class corps in other regions are totally dissatisfied with DCI, but that is not really the case out here.

Man, juniors in DCA. That is unmitigated genius in 1970.

Gary,............I agree with you............but why do you write..........with a bunch of periods.............between phrases?.....................just curious.

He's...........channeling............Bill......................................

.....Shatner......

He's...........channeling............Bill......................................

.....Shatner......

Hey now - no disrespect towards Captain Kirk! Dedicated Trekker here.....

Live long and prosper!

I still don't see a reason for DCA to do this or for a Junior corps to take part.

The How is fun to talk about, but the Why needs to be answered in a compelling way. Perhaps the Open Class corps in other regions are totally dissatisfied with DCI, but that is not really the case out here.

I think we've done a better job on the "why" than the "how" myself. The big thing is keeping corps alive that might otherwise go inactive, and help ease new corps into existence, or transition from parade-only to the field.