The Troopers Are Coming (again)

And here I was going to ask: "Who wouldn't know who Walter Brennan was?"

But then I realized that not everyone is quite the "Olde Pharte" that I am.

Nevermind :(

Kind of scary to realize he's been dead since 1974, isn't it? (Also, to realize that anyone born that year aged out a dozen years ago.)

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kind of scary to realize he's been dead since 1974, isn't it? (Also, to realize that anyone born that year aged out a dozen years ago.)

ROFLMAO! :P When I scoped out the trailer I thought "Man that sounds like Walter Brennan". Only the Troopers could think of something like that. Forward forward charge against the foe - onward onward the Army banners go! GOTTA LOVE IT! :)

Edited by Piper

We got a few minutes to talk to Mike Gough... Mike also did the short Troopers information videos at the beginning of the season, and told me he "didn't have much to work with."

Garry in Vegas

As the face in those info/recruiting videos from last year, I attest to the fact that Mike "didn't have much to work with" !!!! :grouphug:

Still it was great fun to do.

His Trooper documentary trailer can be found here.

Mike Gough does quality work. The movie's original focus was to be about how the cycle of American history and the cycle of Trooper history are interrelated. I would be interested to hear how he's developed that after a summer of driving all night and shooting footage all day!

Joel Williams

I have had the pleasure of meeting Mike and seeing some snippets of what he is doing and I am VERY excited about this production. He clearly has a passion for the Troopers which will come through in his documentary.

He was going to interview me, but he didn't really want to discuss drum corps that far back. Also, he didn't like how my hair looked that day.

Thanks to Michael Boo for pushing the documentary.

My name is Michael Gough, director of "America's Core." As many people here know, drum corps is an activity that forever effects young lives, ussually for the better. It teaches people the value of hard work, self disipline, honor, loyalty and dedication. Although drum corps now has three valvues and amps these mottos have not changed. These are all very American ideals.

In a world that has few activities that shape and mold young people into becoming adults, drum corps still remains. The documentary has gone through many transformations. It could have gone many different ways if 2007 history would have been different. If the Troopers would have made finals it would have been great for the documentary and for everybody involved. They didn't. Same goes for semis. They didn't make, not saying they didn't deserve it. Because they sure did. So obviously history has an effect on what will be the end result.

The documentary will have a lot of history in it. For a generation that knows nothing of the Troopers this will be a great film to see. It will be done in a way that doesn't seem cheezy or history channel like. It will be done in a way that is modern and moving. It will feature interviews with Jim McIntyre (DM 1967-1971), John Masterson (DM Late 70's early 80's), Pat Chagnon, Fred Morris, a variety of the Trooper kids including their new Drum Major, Kyle M.Trader. There will be apperances from Ralph Hardiman and Gene Monterastelli. The soundtrack with feature classic Trooper's music, including, Black Saddles, Ghostriders, Battle Hymn Chorale, How the West Was Won, Silverado and The Troopers Corps Song.

For the most part this movie will focus on the 2007 season and how these kids from all over the country came together, kicked the door down and said to the world, "Watch out! The Troopers are Coming." And they are. Before the end of the 2007 season they had already announced their audition camp schedule and now their DM. The Troopers are on the move, and from what I have seen there is no doubt in my mind that they will bring the house down next year. They have already risen from the ashes. Now it's time to take their rightful place in history.

The movie will be completed sometime in the spring. I intend to submit it to festivals and have public movie theater screenings in Boise, Casper, Cheyenne, Denver and where ever else alumni or fans would be willing to line up and promote. After that it will be for sale at San Antonio and beyond in 2008. There will also be a website for the movie which is currently being designed. It will have special featured videos including interviews that don't make the final movie. When it is up I will post something here for sure.

Thank you for you interest in the Troopers and this film.

Michael D. Gough

I wonder if they're doing a poster for this? I for one would want one!

As a fan or what?

Yes, as a fan. They asked him stuff like how he heard that they were going inactive for a year and when he first was the Troopers and stuff like that.

Hey, Mike, there's a good fund-raising idea in Granny's suggestion.

Oh yes. There is a poster in the works. Granny Smith... I'm sure you will love it.

Michael D. Gough

I'd be willing to bet that Shannon fella already has it planned, proofed and published. Wouldn't say you say, "Granny"?????