The Troopers Are Coming (again)

Link to DCI.org article

Many know about the groundbreaking documentary made about the Troopers decades ago, even if they haven't seen it. Someone is making a new one about the corps and this will be something we'll all want to see. The link above is to an article I wrote at the Indianapolis regional. It is now on DCI.org. (We didn't want news of this to get lost in the heat of all the competition news over the past few weeks.)

I know I am eagerly anticipating seeing this new documentary. The director is taking a different approach with the season-long filming and the end product is bound to be an intriguing look into more than just the final product on the field. I think it will be all the more interesting seeing that Troopers came back in such full force after being away for a year.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

God Bless the Troopers...

Edited by GuyW

God Bless the Troopers...

And in turn, the Troopers blessed us by coming back.

Edited by Michael Boo

Link to DCI.org article

Many know about the groundbreaking documentary made about the Troopers decades ago, even if they haven't seen it. Someone is making a new one about the corps and this will be something we'll all want to see. The link above is to an article I wrote at the Indianapolis regional. It is now on DCI.org. (We didn't want news of this to get lost in the heat of all the competition news over the past few weeks.)

I know I am eagerly anticipating seeing this new documentary. The director is taking a different approach with the season-long filming and the end product is bound to be an intriguing look into more than just the final product on the field. I think it will be all the more interesting seeing that Troopers came back in such full force after being away for a year.

It would be cool if they brought back the Silverado show. I loved that one. That little drum break they did has been stuck in my head for 20 years! Now that's the sign of great arranging!

We got a few minutes to talk to Mike Gough when we took ice cream to the Troopers the day of quarterfinals. Mike also did the short Troopers information videos at the beginning of the season, and told me he "didn't have much to work with." That said, I can't wait to see what he did come up with! Maybe a spoiler, but probably more of a teaser...he did work in a little footage from the original 1970 film, including some classic Walter Brennan.

Garry in Vegas

...Maybe a spoiler, but probably more of a teaser...he did work in a little footage from the original 1970 film, including some classic Walter Brennan.

And for those who have no idea as to whom Walter Brennan was...

And for those who have no idea as to whom Walter Brennan was...

And here I was going to ask: "Who wouldn't know who Walter Brennan was?"

But then I realized that not everyone is quite the "Olde Pharte" that I am.

Nevermind :(

It would be cool if they brought back the Silverado show. I loved that one. That little drum break they did has been stuck in my head for 20 years! Now that's the sign of great arranging!

It's been stuck in my hands for 20 years, too. :D

And thanks, Mr. Boo, for the article!