Most overrated and underrated shows of 2007

Post, preferably with your reasoning, what you thought was the most underrated show and the most overrated show of this year.

Keep in mind, this needs to stay constructive. This is not a topic for "this show sucks because" but, rather, "this show didn't appeal to me like it did to a lot of other people because".

So I'll go first...

Overrated: SCV. Yes, I could see that it was very well executed, and the drill was crazy, and all that, but it had zero entertainment factor for me. Out of the top twelve, this show was the only one that I really didn't get, theme-wise. It just seemed so random and disjointed to me.

Underrated: Phantom. Okay, so people didn't exactly "underrate" this in the normal sense of the word...but from the get-go, a lot of people didn't seem to think that this show could really hang with the top three...whereas I thought this was very nearly on par with last year's show. I guess ugly guard outfits and a ballad that felt like a closer were some drawbacks, yeah, but other than that, I loved it.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've only seen the theatre show and the top 17 corps but I don't have over rated show. Under-rated would have to be Madison Scouts and Glassmen. I was never a fan of Glassmen but they really impressed me this year.

Crown while not under-rated is no longer my hot-dog show. Thats when I would leave to get something to eat.

My most underrated show would have to be Blue Stars. Overrated...I don't know. In my mind, it would be Cavaliers - not because of execution or demand, but simply because I found it boring...just my opinion.

Overrated...I don't know. In my mind, it would be Cavaliers - not because of execution or demand, but simply because I found it boring...just my opinion.

As much as it pains me to say it (and it does), the Cavies show this year simply didn't, IMO, take the audience out in the back and beat it senseless, like what usually happens. And I mean that very positively...the bar's been set very high in Rosemont and it was a product issue, for me. It just didn't resonate with me so much. Not that I didn't enjoy it...not at all.

So if that is "overrated," then they should have a big smile to be so overrated... :) , because it doesn't even really feel like criticism.

As far as underrated, Bluecoats...no doubt about that one for me.

Hmmm.... I guess my most overrated show would have to be Blue Knights and Cavaliers. Both of their visual programs were noticeably weak from a content and performance perspective, and neither of the shows seemed to matter. Five minutes after I saw them, I had forgotten all about them. For underrated, I think it would have to be Cadets. I, myself, am a Blue Devil, but even I would have to say that what those performers were being asked to do, and were achieving, was simply amazing. I think a lot of people underrated that show because of the unneeded soundtrack and the sniveling man that represents them. Too bad.

Overrated-BD, SCV, Cavies, Glassmen, Spirit

Underrated-Crossmen, BK, Crown, and Bluecoats

Edited by TXMystreaux