Most overrated and underrated shows of 2007

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Overrated:Crossmen

Interesting. What made you think that? I'm not going to yell at you, or even argue with you or defend myself, I'm just curious because I haven't heard or seen much response to our show and I've been wondering what people thought of it.

I would have to say I have several overrated and underrated shows in mind. I saw Quarters and Finals...(Not Semis). But Based on what I saw and heard. I felt the most overrated shows of 2007 were. Cadets,SCV, & Cavies.

Cadets show was boring because half the show wasn't music but instead lame narrations.....

SCV just didnt have that spark of entertainment. They had the potential of an awsome show ....just didnt achieve it.

Cavies are usually good on visuals according to their theme of their show....But I just dont see how rolling on the ground and falling to have some one catch you had anything to do with Billy J.

The underrated corps...I watched at Q & Finals....were Phantom....They were way more musical them every other corps I thought....

Scouts...They just had an awsome show this year and put out a great show....I just dont see how the fell so low score wise??? Lost me there!

And I also felt as if crown should have been above....SCV,Cavies.....Musically!

I would have to say I have several overrated and underrated shows in mind. I saw Quarters and Finals...(Not Semis). But Based on what I saw and heard. I felt the most overrated shows of 2007 were. Cadets,SCV, & Cavies.

Cadets show was boring because half the show wasn't music but instead lame narrations.....

Must....resist....ahhh.

ok...narration was mostly lame, but it wasnt half the show, and they still had as much music as anyone, and it was certainly was hard as heck. narration was about 2 minutes probably. Please find reasons that actually exist :P Anyways....back on topic, not gonna argue this any further.

overrated.....Cavaliers: serious lack of musical impact, especially 2nd half, yet they still got high music effect scores all year, which was puzzling........

underrated.....Crown.....fabulous horn quality, sound, arrangements, and effect......not fully reflected in score...............

GB

Overrated: Cavies/Blue Devils/Cadets/Phantom: All had strengths and weaknesses, but for the first time in my entire DCI existence (since 1987), I didn't really like any of the Top 4. Appreciate, yes. Marvel at the talent level, yes. But actually like? No. I really think that each of these corps' design didn't approach the actual talent level of the performers.

For me the run of shows from BK/Bluecoats/Crown/SCV during Finals week was special and those shows and performances are the ones that will resonate with me in the future.

Underrated: Blue Knights and Seattle Cascades. I really thought BK should have been a couple points higher. And Cascades had a nice show I thought and I think that it something they will build on to climb back up the competitive ladder.

Interesting. What made you think that? I'm not going to yell at you, or even argue with you or defend myself, I'm just curious because I haven't heard or seen much response to our show and I've been wondering what people thought of it.

Being pretty much in love with Aaron Guidry from his RRHS shows, his music for the Crossmem show didn't really do it for me. The hornline didn't play as much as I would have liked them to.

overrated.....Cavaliers: serious lack of musical impact, especially 2nd half, yet they still got high music effect scores all year, which was puzzling........

w/Stp: (minus the stupid)

Most Underrated- The Cadets: They were just amazing!

Most Overrated- The Academy: My first view of them was in San Antonio and looking at their brass staff, I was excited to hear what they had to offer. A very solid corps and show, but the hornline let me down..I look forward to seeing them in the future though! Good Div I start for them!!

Overrated: BD. They were clean as all getup and as usual, sounded great, but.... The show just didn't do one thing for me. Park and Blows irritate me. Also, the Cavies. Please play more.

Underrated: Crown. I'm looking forward to seeing them continue to move up the ranks quickly.