Confused about Renegades/Clearing up the Rumors

Yes, it is a great picture of Rhonda!

Oh, you mean the other stuff...

(Hi Dave - come to Family Day!!)

PS To all others, ssssidney designed the show art for our 2003 and 2004 shows.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I like to have fun, too.

For every person who viewed the thread, how many actually went to Renegades.org and viewed this video (DID your website receive a significantly higher number of hits that week? If so, I'll delete everything I've written, and heartily proclaim that the Hype-a-Tron 7000 works just fine.)?

Alternatively, how many people read the thread (which contained NO reference to Zombies until the 3rd or 4th post) and 1) were too lazy to hit up renegades.org, or 2) chalked this up to a standard Renegades marketing ploy, or 3) just read the headline?

Believe me, it is rare that I agree w/ Steve Burstall on anything, and I didn't think you weren't coming to NY, but I can see his point on this one.

I don't even know what you're talking about. All I know (and I've been known to be wrong before, once or twice) is the Renegades' last show, typically is in July. They then go into stealth mode for one month, re-work major parts of their show, fill in all final holes and put the "F" in "OMFG". Well... DCI schedule being what it is, there was this wacky one-off show in the beginning of august. That night there was a handful of people on the field that had learned the drill that day. Couple that with it being a DCI show/Judges and we got the score the net sum of Paris Hilton's IQ. Suddently random non-renegades were putting up threads titled 'Will the Renegades make top ten????" "Are the Renegades coming to DCA????".

We were truely baffled by this.

Then...being the irreverent a-holes that we are, we started to have fun with it.

Couple that with the fact that, like we've done every year that we've been in existance, and like every other corps out there, we made a public appeal for donations and I guess some people really thought we weren't coming out to DCA.

As for the "Hype-a-Tron" or what ever you called it.... that's a popular knock to the Renegades, and what's funny is people will complain that there's too much Renegade hype on DCP...then one takes a closer look and realizes that the biggest hype for Renegades comes from OUTside the corps, as most thread re: Renegades are started by non-Renegades.

Some people want to get on the bus and have fun with us (wow that rhymed) and some people simply hate that we have friends around the country that like to hype us.

Good publicity, bad publicity....just spell our name right.

I never once was confused but perhaps it was because I was participating in the fun and games. Guess some people's sarcasm detectors are better than others.

I never thought they weren't coming - I did remember Lisa's post though.

Bring T-shirts!

(and Anchor Steam Ale :) )

I never once was confused but perhaps it was because I was participating in the fun and games. Guess some people's sarcasm detectors are better than others.

One of my missions at DCA is to see your snare solo.

My fingers are crossed that it does not occur during Anthrax Ripple. ^0^

Hell, I'm always confused by the Renegades.....then they come out and peel my face off, and then all is right with the world.

^0^

LOL, my intro to the Renegades was DCA 2003 (my first Prelims in 10+ years)...

There were three gentlemen (ex Keystoners?) around 70 years old sitting behind me. As the corps was setting up I heard one say to the other. "Hey we saw these guys last year. You're gonna love this ####!".

Yeah, he was right....

One of my missions at DCA is to see your snare solo.

My fingers are crossed that it does not occur during Anthrax Ripple. ^0^

I'll be going on last of the snares so hopefully I'll be going on late enough that it won't conflict. B)