Fifteen extra members

Easy.

It will make corps 15 members dirtier, just as the move to 135 made each corps 7 members dirtier.

I know, I know, how dare I say that! I'll make sure and get my push-ups for stupidity when I hit the Add Reply button.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In anticipation for the upcoming season, what is everyone's ideal numbers breakdown for a full, 150-member drum and bugle corps?

11 pit

20 battery (5 bass, 10 snare, 5 tenor)

40 guard

76 brass (24 trumpets, 12 mellos, 14 tubas, 26 baris)

3 drum majors

Merged with 150 members topic.

15-man cow bell line

Gah! Why didn't this show up when I searched for it? :doh:

It didn't show up in my first search either. I knew I remember seeing it so I just broadened my search to read extra members :)

We have to agree, especially for those corps that do not rent newer busses. Rex did some research on this issue and found that most of the 'standard' busses only provide seating for 45 members for a total of 135. Funny hah? Only the newer more expensive busses seat 50, which means that either an additional bus must be used or more expensive busses rented. This may not be a big thing for the big guys but it sure puts the little guys in a difficult spot to be competitive.

Even if the busses were not an issue where do the additional instruments, food, and housing space come from? 15 more horns, multi-tenors, or marimbas have to cost a lot of dough which is something that all corps seem to be in short supply of these days.

I think that all the corps took all this into consideration when they cast their votes.

Just think of the possibilities of marching cowbells.