Longevity with your corps

How long have you been with your current DCA corps?  

127 members have voted

1. 1. How many consecutive years have you marched with your corps?

• 0-4 years
    • 5-9 years
    • 10-20 years
    • more than 20 years

As I approach the end of my 10th year with CV, I look around and there are a handful of us who have been there from the beginning. I think that's pretty significant and was curious to see what the longevity with your corps is?

See you guys in Rochester!

For us charter members of the Kiltie Sr. corps, this is the end of our 15th year.

Here's a list of Kiltie Sr. charter members still marching:

"Moon" Johnson

Dave Pawlak

Russ Trawicki

Wally "Boom Boom" Schlig

Joe Uhle

Yours Truly

Moon takes special honors though. Moon marched Kiltie Kadets from 1966-1969, Kilties from 1970 until he aged out after the 1977 season, drove bus for Kilties until the junior corps folded, marched the 2 Kiltie reunion corps, and is finishing his 15th season with the senior corps.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Incredible stuff. To my knowledge, here are the CV charter members who've been there all 10 years:

Big Ken Huff

Hunter Moss

Rob Scott

Marvin Fontaine

Dr. Dave Stollberg

yours truly

Sunrisers 1980 - Present....that's 27 years

John Clougher

Sunrisers

Sunrisers 1980 - Present....that's 27 years

John Clougher

Sunrisers

How many years does Larry Visconti have John? and is he still marching

Oscar

As a charter member of MCL this is the end of my 4th season. We've had an incredible time doing this thing called Drum Corps and I wouldn't trade a day of it for anything else.

Other Charter members still marching:

Laurie "Bunny" Ford (my beautiful wife)

Dr. Willard Johnson

Jim Reed

Matt Dudeck

Ed "Camel Lips" Mason

Dr. Kary Lyon

Regi Jones

Scott Rhodes is still with the Corps as our Executive Director but is not marching

It's sad to see that we've lost 11 of our original 17 hornline members (one of those just taking this year off) and all but one of our original pecussion and battery. Maybe we can entice a few of them back next year.

Edited by MCL_Contra

Well..I marched 7 years with the Sunrisers in the 80's. Joined Hawthorne in 1990 and have been there ever since...well..except for a 1/2 year with the Huricanes in 1993. But I have been with the Caballeros straight thru since 1994, so that makes it 14 straight years for me, and I am 1 of only 2 members of the Caballeros that was allowed to play with the Caballeros Alumni as a marching member of the competing corps. And yes, my name IS on the Caballeros Alumni Charter!

But, I have been doing this drum corps thing non stop since 1978! So that makes it 30 years for me!!

(Jeez....I didn't realize that it has been that long)!!!

Edited by FPonzo

How many years does Larry Visconti have John? and is he still marching

Oscar

Larry Visconti started with the corps in 1974 and has marched every year since. Although a snare for most of it he has filled in wherever the cops has needed someone including Bass drum, Pit and this year SOPRANO!

He is 10 years older than me and looks YOUNGER than I do....%###@#**%#....LOL....

That gives him 33 years....I think he has missed a total of 3 months, if that, throughout this time. (excluding the corps 2 inactive years) I have those 2 plus 98 99 and last year off. Was retired but back for .....just ONE more time. ...LOL....

PS...never say never ....and never throw out your bucks...LOL....

JC

Sun

Well..I marched 7 years with the Sunrisers in the 80's. Joined Hawthorne in 1990 and have been there ever since...well..except for a 1/2 year with the Huricanes in 1993. But I have been with the Caballeros straight thru since 1994, so that makes it 14 straight years for me, and I am 1 of only 2 members of the Caballeros that was allowed to play with the Caballeros Alumni as a marching member of the competing corps. And yes, my name IS on the Caballeros Alumni Charter!

But, I have been doing this drum corps thing non stop since 1978! So that makes it 30 years for me!!

(Jeez....I didn't realize that it has been that long)!!!

Yes Frank...we were all young then....you were in Jr corps for a while before Sun as most of us were. I remember when you were a young kid in the line with us in 82? Just before I moved to French horn. I do remember late in that 83 season listening to you thinking.. wow this kids gettin good.....LOL....

We need a new Hobby.....maybe bowling....we could do that into our 80's....LOL...

JC

Sun

Edited by JC7105

Larry Visconti started with the corps in 1974 and has marched every year since. Although a snare for most of it he has filled in wherever the cops has needed someone including Bass drum, Pit and this year SOPRANO!

He is 10 years older than me and looks YOUNGER than I do....%###@#**%#....LOL....

That gives him 33 years....I think he has missed a total of 3 months, if that, throughout this time. (excluding the corps 2 inactive years) I have those 2 plus 98 99 and last year off. Was retired but back for .....just ONE more time. ...LOL....

PS...never say never ....and never throw out your bucks...LOL....

JC

Sun

Correction - I started with the Sunrisers in 1972 - I am proud to say this is my 37th year as a Sunriser.

Of course I started in 1957 so this is my 50th year in drum corps overall

Edited by SunRunner