Drum Corps Family

I brought my sister into Bush this past summer. She may march again, hasn't decided.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many of you folks have brothers or sisters who also marched?

.. and I suppose theres been plenty of time for peeps to have das and mums who have marched too... any of them?

I am the only one in my family who has ever done Corps. I come from a whole family of musicians, but none of them understand this "obsession" I have, LOL!

Hey, what can I say?! It's just like the shirt that one of my fellow corps comrades sent me....it reads:

"DRUM CORPS - FOR THOSE WHO UNDERSTAND, NO EXPLANATION IS NECESSARY -

FOR THOSE WHO DON'T, NO EXPLANATION IS POSSIBLE"

Amen.

I am the only one in my family who has ever done Corps. I come from a whole family of musicians, but none of them understand this "obsession" I have, LOL!

Hey, what can I say?! It's just like the shirt that one of my fellow corps comrades sent me....it reads:

Amen.

I have introduced all three of my children to the world of Drum and Bugle Corps or the drum corps activity. I grew up a Brigadier and Skyliner Brat as my dad marched with the Brigs in the late 60's and Sky in the early 70's. He and I marched together for the past 4 years with Sky Alumni. We actually had my son march (carry the corps banner this year) in Wildwood so we had three generations of Joe Chizek's marching with the Skyliners. My two daughters (14, 10) both have taken trumpet lessons and my son wants to play drums (of course). I hope all three march with me next year with Sky Alumni - The two girls in the newly formed Colorguard and my son carrying the corps banner. My dad was very proud to see me this year with Capital Brass Mini Corps Tuba Section, SF Renegades Honor Guard, and Sky Alumni Contra Section. He had a grin from ear to ear. Isn't that what it is all about. He knows what it feels like to compete (There is nothing like it)!!! b**bs b**bs b**bs

Edited by Contra Joe

OK, you guys are making me crazy!!!!! Stevie Williams, Bobby Love, Chuckie Dohn, Lenny Haring, Fran Haring, Mike Marsh, Wayne Poulson, Andy Lisko, Danny Raymond, Jr., Chico, etc., etc., etc. I knew/know each of these guys. My name was Rose Vivalo, now Rose Hamilton. I was married to the late Bobby Hamilton of St. Lucy's/Skyliner fame. He was not only a great guy but a fantastic snare drummer!

I marched with my brother, Bob Vivalo, in the Sacred Heart Crusaders, Manville, NJ. He played french horn and I played bari.

Bobby Love, I don't know if you remember me but we were friends back in the mid-60s and hung out a few times when you marched with BS.

Fran, I didn't know Wayne Poulson was your brother-in-law? And, didn't realize he's marching with Cabs Alum now. I marched with Wayne in the Crusaders. Please tell him Rose says hi and I hope to see him at a Cabs Alumni event.

Great topic!

Rose

Edited by ravham

I love it. That about says it all!

:rolleyes: Edited by Tansea

My father, who marched in a Sr. corps back in the 40's, brought me into it. He never imagined the level it had been taken too and there was no prouder moment than when his 13 year-old son came home with the DCI championship in 1973. Here's to you Dad. :rolleyes:

My father, who marched in a Sr. corps back in the 40's, brought me into it. He never imagined the level it had been taken too and there was no prouder moment than when his 13 year-old son came home with the DCI championship in 1973.

'73 Vanguard...... great corps. Talk about starting your drum corps career at the top!!!!!

Fran

Fran, I didn't know Wayne Poulson was your brother-in-law?

Actually, until Steve Williams mentioned it, I didn't either!!!

:lolhit: :lolhit:

Seriously.... he and my sister Loretta will be married 35 years as of next July.

And, didn't realize he's marching with Cabs Alum now. I marched with Wayne in the Crusaders. Please tell him Rose says hi and I hope to see him at a Cabs Alumni event.

I'll let him know you said hello!

It's amazing how many ex-Manville Crusaders have posted on DCP in recent years..... maybe we should have a reunion someday.

Fran

Actually, until Steve Williams mentioned it, I didn't either!!!

:lolhit: :lolhit:

Seriously.... he and my sister Loretta will be married 35 years as of next July.

I'll let him know you said hello!

It's amazing how many ex-Manville Crusaders have posted on DCP in recent years..... maybe we should have a reunion someday.

Fran

Since you crashed ours, can we crash yours? :huh:

When you're ready to go down that road, just let your friends a couple exits down 287 know, and we'll help get you started ...

jo