Next Great American Band reality TV show?

Is that you demoing the Kanstul 1500B on UT? Cuz that cat can play.

DCI should do more to collect celebrity success stories. I didn't know about Al Chez except through this website.

Yes, that is me doing the Kanstul demo - and thanks for the kind words. :)

TV is the problem. It needs to die a slow painful death.

I stopped watching TV 4 years ago and have never looked back. Youtube is going to kill it anyway.

As one who has done plenty on both TV and youtube, I actually agree with everything you just said. A look at Neilson ratings reveals that top TV shows get the kind of viewer numbers that used to be considered failure - while there are youtube videos all over that get the kind of view counts as the Superbowl. Internet video has taken over and even Vimeo and others do real well.

Maybe DCI should rebrand itself as America's Next Great Drum Corps!

America's Hottest Drum Majors! (and their drum corps)

America's Got Drums And Bugles And Flags!

America's Wildest Drum Corps Performances!

Too Cute. (toss some kittens out there).

Dancing With The Drum And Bugle Corps!

DROPS

The Bachelor Drum Major

The Pre-Recorded Voice

150 Kids And Counting

Top Clef

Hell's Food Truck

So You Think You Can March

Here Comes Honey Boom Boom

• Like 1

It seems to me some of the cable channels will put almost anything on it's airwaves. Case in point, TRUTV has some of the dumbest shows ever to be seen on the small screen. One of their most popular shows is an absolutely childish program about three silly acting men pulling pranks on each other. I forget the name of the show. Most recently I see they are now featuring a program entitled "Kart Life." This is a show about teens and preteens wasting their time competing in go cart races. Surely a program about the behind scenes life of a major DCI competitor and life on the road during the summer months would generate more interest then some of these absurd programs currently cluttering the air waves?! Just my two cents on the subject.

Most recently I see they are now featuring a program entitled "Kart Life." This is a show about teens and preteens wasting their time competing in go cart races.

A Niece of ours had success for several years in karts, but at a lower level of competition. Some of these families are spending over six figures a year for a 11-14 year old child.