Corps Songs

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

According to drumcorpswiki.com:

Blue Stars- The corps song is Jerusalem of Gold, known as Jewish Chorale within the corps, first played by the corps in 1977.

Cadets- Cadillac of the Skies and The members of The Cadets sing their corps song (O Holy Name) before every performance. The words are sung to the tune of O Tannenbaum.

Colts- At the beginning of the 2005 tour season, the veterans were asked to vote among these and a few others and instate an official corps song. They overwhelmingly chose "Morning", and it debuted as the Colts' corps song at their home show in Dubuque, IA on July 2, 2005. It was originally arranged by Mike Bolla.

Esperanza- The Esperanza Corps Song is "You're Still You" by Josh Groban. This piece was the corps' 2003 championship Ballad.

Phantom Regiment- The corps does not have an official corps song, however, three pieces have served that role over the years: "Elsa's Procession to the Cathedral from Lohengrin" by Richard Wagner "Fire of Eternal Glory" by Shostakovich "Amazing Grace" Traditional.

Seattle Cascades- Corps Song: "Imagine" written by John Lennon, a tribute to the 1996 season (a Beatles show), which was the first year the Cascades really had a shot at making finals, and is considered by many a turning point for the corps.

Southwind- The summer of 2000 also marks the creation of the corps song, "The Ghost of Southwind." The lyrics are set to the tune of "Legends of the Fall," the corps ballad that season, and was sung for the first time by the teary-eyed membership immediately following their semi-finals performance.

That's all I could find on drumcorpswiki.com that were not already stated like Spirit with Georgia, SCV with Send in the Clowns and Cavies with Somewhere over the Rainbow.

Outside of Div I, I know Memphis Sound's is "I Can't Help Falling In Love With You" by Elvis Presley and CorpsVets is "Georgia on my Mind".

and the song for Crown is actually titled "Carolina in my mind"

Pacific Crest... I don't know if it's officially the corps song now, but there was always a special attachment to Ave Maria.

Yup, that is correct. :)

Here's some trivia - though the corps is most often linked with "Danny Boy", the original corps song for the 27th Lancers was "The Impossible Dream".