Corps Songs

Phantom Regiment- The corps does not have an official corps song, however, three pieces have served that role over the years: "Elsa's Procession to the Cathedral from Lohengrin" by Richard Wagner "Fire of Eternal Glory" by Shostakovitch "Amazing Grace" Traditional.

Though FoEG is a corps classic, I really don't think most would put it on the same level as the other two.

Regardless, of how great all of those pieces are...Stadium Lights still holds a special place in my heart.

Cadets - Holy Name officially - they are also known to play Cadillac of the Skies - John Williams

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

while some believe the Corps Song of the Boston Crusaders is " Conquest ", I believe that it actually is a song entitled " Giant " that goes back to the 1950's or so, and which even today current members still utter the words too before some shows. Members or former members could tell us if this is correct or not.

Edited by X DM

while some believe the Corps Song of the Boston Crusaders is " Conquest ", I believe that it actually is a song entitled " Giant " that goes back to the 1950's or so, and which even today current members still utter the words too before some shows. Members or former members could tell us if this is correct or not.

That is correct ... It's from the film Giant with James Dean and Elizabeth Taylor.

Glassmen -- Madre
The Glassmen first played Madre de la Tierra in the 1992 show.( A Childhood Remembered) The song was arranged by Chris Tomsa from the David Lanz orginal.

Madre was brought back as a concert piece in 2000, arranged by Bruce McConnell. Bethany Schindell ( A Glassmen Alum) wrote the words for Madre in 2001, at which time Madre became the offical Corps song.

PC's "is" Franz Beibl's Ave Maria (since there are literally hundreds of Aves), though it isn't official. I'm not sure how that sort of thing is decreed anyway.

There are no lyrics outside of the Latin prayer, but no one sings it.

I wrote lyrics to it that I sang in my head as we played it. They were horribly juvenile and vulgar, but they kept me amused.

Troopers wrote their corps song in 1969 to the tune of "How the West Was Won" and still sing it to this day. Hell bent for victory, thats how the west was won.

Mike Gough

Boston Crusaders-Giant

Though in the tradition section of the Cavaliers website, it's stated as having been sung since 1951...as their rise to national prominence began.

I can't remember the exact details, but it has to do with the corps losing a close contest when one of the songs they marched to was "Somewhere Over the Rainbow." When they came off the field all upset, someone started singing it and the rest of the corps joined in, and it grew from there.

The Cavaliers corps song, which doesn't really have a name other than the Corps Song, is set to the tune of the Coast Guard Song. What you hear the corps play is a medley of "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" and the Corps Song.