Best Hornlines That Did Not Win The Jim Ott Trophy

My top 4 best not to win.

99 Blue Devils. Best hornline not to win brass. Rediculous good. ONe of the best they ever had. Should have won High Brass.

01 Cadets. 2nd best hornline not to win brass. Like BD 99 they should have won Jim OTT.

96 Blue Devils. Phantom was great, but actually for once BD moved around alot more and should have got more credit for it along with having a much more difficult book. It was tight probably should have been a tie for high horns.

98 Cadets: Although there quality of sound at finals night was a little out of tune. Technically this hornline was way better than BD that year and they also had about a ten times harder book. 98 was one of the weakest BD hornlines I heard win brass.

I seem to remember reading these somewhere before...

So is this how we operate around here, now? Make crazy statements in a thread, get called out, go do our own threads where we can make our claims to our hearts' content? Nice.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2004 SCV was a great hornline. (and drumline too for that matter)

1986 Suncoast Sound - I don't think they should have won brass over BD, but I still think they are the best not to win brass. It just happened to be an unreal year for BD. Suncoast should have beaten us in brass IMO.

HM to 2001 Cadets, 2003 Phantom, 2007 Bluecoats

1986 Suncoast Sound - I don't think they should have won brass over BD, but I still think they are the best not to win brass. It just happened to be an unreal year for BD. Suncoast should have beaten us in brass IMO.

Can't believe forgot about Suncoast 86. Hornline Rang better than anyone and had the best pure sound until Star 91. Not thats a bold statement.

Comparison of suncoast 86 and Cadets 01 is that BOth corps to this day are still the only one's to have won HIGH BRASS at blue devils home show.

I seem to remember reading these somewhere before...

So is this how we operate around here, now? Make crazy statements in a thread, get called out, go do our own threads where we can make our claims to our hearts' content? Nice.

YOu know I'm really trying to be constructive here. If you notice Cadets are not the only corps I mention. TO be honnest I don't think Cadets should have won brass finals night in 2000. They sounded like chainsaws. Cavies should have won horns in 2000. It made more sense to members and staff of cadets in 01 when we realized how much much much better our hornline in 01 was than 2000.

Your just made cause you never played in a good hornline.

SOrry for you loss.

LOL

Man, what a great hornline! That duet in the ballad was unreal. Sounded just as good as Kenton's band (if you've ever heard the recording).

YOu know I'm really trying to be constructive here. If you notice Cadets are not the only corps I mention. TO be honnest I don't think Cadets should have won brass finals night in 2000. They sounded like chainsaws. Cavies Blue Devils should have won horns in 2000. It made more sense to members and staff of cadets in 01 when we realized how much much much better our hornline in 01 was than 2000.

Your just made cause you never played in a good hornline.

SOrry for you loss.

LOL

fixed part of your post for ya :P

and i can name at least one really amazing hornline he played in..

any Madison hornline that didn't win. yeah, I said it.