CRU or KILTS?

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All this animosity. My Corps is better...no my corps is better....blah blah. All three Corps I assure you are working really hard to but themselves in finals on Sunday. The Corps are so close in score that any of them could get in.

Just because one corps has been judge more times then the other doesn't mean they stand a better shot at getting in. That is probably the most ridiculous logic I have heard in a long time. The corps that puts on the cleanest, loudest, best product on the field saturday is the one that will get in.

I wish MCL, Cru and all the other corps for that matter the best of luck Saturday. There is going to be one hell of a battle Saturday night.

GAME ON B)

Edited by KiltieBD3

Of course, you're right . It'll all be decided on the field.

But, if all we ever say , on here, is: "everybody was great", everyone's the same", "good luck", cume bye ya (spelling???), then it wouldn't be a very interesting discussion, would it?

It's not animousity. It's personal opinion.

I'm glad that people are still willing to speak up and say what they think, what they wish would happen, who and what they like.

Most people's opinions tend to be rather worthless, given how little people have generally seen of all the different corps throughout the season. The percentage of people that have seen one of the three particular corps in question (Crusaders, Kilties, MCL) that have ALSO seen the other two is very low due to geographical proximity. Bias is far too high. Nevertheless, all the corps will finally be together and the best preliminary shows on Saturday should make Sunday finals.

The only meaningful opinion at this point is the weather, IMO.

All this animosity. My Corps is better...no my corps is better....blah blah. All three Corps I assure you are working really hard to but themselves in finals on Sunday. The Corps are so close in score that any of them could get in.

Just because one corps has been judge more times then the other doesn't mean they stand a better shot at getting in. That is probably the most ridiculous logic I have heard in a long time. The corps that puts on the cleanest, loudest, best product on the field saturday is the one that will get in.

I wish MCL, Cru and all the other corps for that matter the best of luck Saturday. There is going to be one hell of a battle Saturday night.

GAME ON B)

well it's my opinion and guess what.........it's america and i can have an opinion. also excuse me for being a homer. but in any case.........good luck to the kilt's and mcl.

By all means be a homer. Nothing wrong with that.

You have your right to your opinion as much as I have a right to post my opinion on your opinion.

I wasn't trying to bash anyone. If it came across that way I apologize.

I'm merely saying that the better Corps on Saturday will get in for Sundays show ( I know it's cliche). Not the one that got more reads. The same was true last year and the Kilties finished a head of Cru. So I guess I don't understand were that logic comes from.

I will say this about Kilties. The morale is extremely high. We had an awesome rehearsal weekend. Weak points have become stronger. Things have been added. And I will put money on Rochester, NY is going to see the BEST Kilties Corps in a long, long time. That is fact.

EDIT: I needed to buy a vowel ;)

Edited by KiltieBD3

By all means be a homer. Nothing wrong with that.

You have your right to your opinion as much as I have a right to post my opinion on your opinion.

I wasn't trying to bash anyone. If it came across that way I apologize.

I'm merely saying that the better Corps on Saturday will get in for Sundays show ( I know it's cliche). Not the one that got more reads. The same was true last year and the Kilties finished a head of Cru. So I guess I don't understand were that logic comes from.

I will say this about Kilties. The moral is extremely high. We had an awesome rehearsal weekend. Weak points have become stronger. Things have been added. And I will put money on Rochester, NY is going to see the BEST Kilties Corps in a long, long time. That is fact.

See now... this is not good.

We've got Cru vs. MCL vs. Kilties for the 10th spot, and all this hostility.

NONE OF YOU can run out there play defense against the other (trust me, I tried it against Westshore in 95, Mickey Petrone shot me in the butt with the starter's pistol).

Lighten up- this is shaping up to be the most bombastic battle for 10th place in DCA history.

Cru has a great shot at 10th and a very improbable shot at 9th, 8th, or 7th...or 4th.

Kilties have a great at shot 10th with no delusions of 9th, 8th, or 7th.

MCL has the chance to shock the world and end up 10th.

I like the position MCL is in because they can let it rip, let it fly, flap the roof, rock the house, shake up the apple cart, scrub the potato.

Cru has the kind of show that when I saw them in July, I said "They can and should get that thing PERFECT."

If Cru tanks, and if the Kilties are off, we could have another MUSIC CITY MIRACLE.

*** Only this time it won't include an Illegal Forward Pass and gutless NFL Refs. ****

Edited by Tom D'Bomb

well it's my opinion and guess what.........it's america and i can have an opinion. also excuse me for being a homer. but in any case.........good luck to the kilt's and mcl.

I'm still waiting for an answer to my question of who are the "you guys" that you threw at me earlier.

Believe it or not....I don't really care who wins, who makes finals, whatever. It won't change my life at all. It's no biggie...I just like doing projections with actual numbers instead of opinions or reasons like I marched with them in the 70s so they'll be in or my best friend marches there so they'll make finals and, of course the old, it's in their home town so they'll make finals even though they didn't last year when it was in their home town. :laugh::doh::doh:

Although, all the years DCA was in Rochester...Cru has missed finals once. So...whatever

Edited by FrankBeMe

Most people's opinions tend to be rather worthless, given how little people have generally seen of all the different corps throughout the season. The percentage of people that have seen one of the three particular corps in question (Crusaders, Kilties, MCL) that have ALSO seen the other two is very low due to geographical proximity. Bias is far too high. Nevertheless, all the corps will finally be together and the best preliminary shows on Saturday should make Sunday finals.

The only meaningful opinion at this point is the weather, IMO.

You know, I keep adding to this post, and finally - just forget it.

The only safe things to say are:

eveybody's great

everybody's in it

anybody can win

I don't know

Edited by brassomaniac