CRU or KILTS?

IMHO: after looking over the scores and recaps; situations involving the strength of the corps at the shows last week (when just about everyone competed), I'm going to say that this thread is clearly correct , and it's Cru and Kilts competing for 10th: maybe a chance for 9th.

Not going to give my reason - last year I got slammed for it - AND I TURNED OUT TO BE RIGHT. Anyone can look at the schedule and scoring and see it clearly. It happens all the time. Some scores aren't as useful for comparisons as others.

I think that everyone knows it. Just being PC.

Again, I wish both of them could make it, but I think we'll get one or the other.

And, next week, we'll see.

Ok, northeast.....if you are right I will be the first to offer Cru a big :ph34r::huh::blink: ^OO^

However, if you can dish it out, you need to take it too when it doesn't go your way, and if it doesn't, be prepared for some :lolhit: :poke::huh::rock:

Regardless, I just love how competitve it is in the middle and also Class A. It makes sitting this year out even more sucky

Edited by radiosteele

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cru shouldn't have to fight for 10th or even 9th. They deserve better and should be placing higher. They have a fantastic program and a great corps selling the program.

Only time will tell exactly what happens.

To all my friends in CRU...GO GET EM!!!

I love you Adam ^_^

Ok, northeast.....if you are right I will be the first to offer Cru a big :ph34r::huh::blink: ^OO^

However, if you can dish it out, you need to take it too when it doesn't go your way, and if it doesn't, be prepared for some :lolhit: :poke::huh::rock:

Regardless, I just love how competitve it is in the middle and also Class A. It makes sitting this year out even more sucky

Bold words! I wish you all the success as I wish all the corps competing this year. I am bias because I am a Crusader alum. I want nothing more than for them to turn it on the last two shows and let DCA know that they are back to stay!

Cru shouldn't have to fight for 10th or even 9th. They deserve better and should be placing higher. They have a fantastic program and a great corps selling the program.

Only time will tell exactly what happens.

To all my friends in CRU...GO GET EM!!!

Thanks a lot :)

:(

Yes. I ALSO appreciate all the corps coming in from south and west, and I wish them all the best.

Still pulling for my favs to make finals cut, tho: Cru and Kilts!

I'd bet on those two as well; especially after seeing Kilties' show last night. They were the featured pre-game performance at the Racine Raiders Semi-Pro Football game at historic Horlic Field. Yes that Horlic Field!

It was amazing to witness the transformation in their performance level from past shows. In St. Paul they performed in rain, drenched kilts and 50-ish degree weather and still scored almost an 84! What a difference a perfect drum corps night and a couple more focused rehearsals under their belts made! I put yesterday's show a couple/few points better than the one they performed in miserable Minnesota conditions for a couple of reasons that stand-out:

The hornline had a nice ensemble sound. Just good balanced playing all around with impact points of well-timed hits and solid sop and bari lines.

The guard really stood out as having taken a huge leap from past years. It's a tad bigger and clearly more talented (and I normally pay scant attention to guards :sshh: ). Look for this component of the program to aid them in their quest for finals placement after scoring a 16.7 to Brass's 17.7 in St. Paul; a closeness in score to a top-5 corps which was unheard of in years past.

I hadn't expected what I saw and heard last night. In short-order, legendary Madison Scouts director Scott Stewart, has put his touch on a storied corps and helped them be strong contenders for finals placement.

Too bad I won't make it to Rachacha to see Kilties (and Brass) throw it down. :(

Edited by Brassop

I'm buying every available video from every corps this year.

The entertainment value from the few I've seen has been so good, it's impossible to resist.

The treat fans will get at prelims on Sat. when 22 corps ALL leave it out there will be worth twice the money they'll pay to see it.

I've done the math and current placings of all competing corps at DCA from last weeks shows. Which of these 2 long term corps make finals, Crusaders or Kilties?? Based upon the scores from last week and removing the penalty, the 2 corps are separated by a mere .025 . This is the battle to get in for DCA Finals. Could there be a tie at the 10th spot? This is all based upon the Renegades appearing. If the Renegades do not appear then both are in. What do you think? Im not memeber of either corps, just a long term drum corp fan.

CoachSig

Empire Statesman 91-92

DCA World Champion 1991

They'll both make it. Renegades will not make finals due to their lowest score of the season of a 66.6 after a 7 point penalty for having 7 deadly spirits crossing the front line. D@*N I knew digging up those coffins was a bad idea. HAHAHa. Best of luck to both Corps! But personally would love to see crusaders make it. I would love to be on finals retreat with my Brother for the first time since marching drum corp. GO BK!

Edited by marimbadude84