The Cadet Pattern

For some reason, I am REALLY looking forward to next year's Cadets show. Something tells me they're gonna give us something really good, though I'm not too keen on their last three seasons.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For some reason, I am REALLY looking forward to next year's Cadets show. Something tells me they're gonna give us something really good, though I'm not too keen on their last three seasons.

Hmmm...2005 was an amazing show, as was 2007. I'll take either over any other Cadet shows of this century.

Hmmm...2005 was an amazing show, as was 2007. I'll take either over any other Cadet shows of this century.

Nah, 2000, 2001, and 2003 were awesome. 2005 was very enjoyable. 2007 just seemed on the verge, but the narration killed all the coolness off of it. 2006 and 2002 were flops for me.

Heck yeah! Love that Cavies show, especially musically. Much love for 92 Cavies!

Wasn't that the show where they kept yanking sopranos out of the opener (Gavorkna Fanfare) because not many of them could play it? That was the nasty rumor on tour that year...

Wasn't that the show where they kept yanking sopranos out of the opener (Gavorkna Fanfare) because not many of them could play it? That was the nasty rumor on tour that year...

You mean drum corps water parts and cut people from hard parts? :laugh:

Supposedly this time "Aquaman" hit harder than normal. Lots of water. Not much else.

But then again, I can only say that's the rumor we heard. You'll have to ask a marching member for more concrete info.

Funny thing is, after posting about Cavies 92 earlier last week I pulled out my cd to listen. Man, there were some really bad hornlines that year! Every hornline, even the ones at the top, had some big issues. Who won brass that year?

Funny thing is, after posting about Cavies 92 earlier last week I pulled out my cd to listen. Man, there were some really bad hornlines that year! Every hornline, even the ones at the top, had some big issues. Who won brass that year?

Wasnt that the uncharacteristically cold finals night that year? Im not really a big fan of excusing, but its got to be hard rehearsing in hundred degree weather all summer, then having things flipped around at the end...

Wasnt that the uncharacteristically cold finals night that year? Im not really a big fan of excusing, but its got to be hard rehearsing in hundred degree weather all summer, then having things flipped around at the end...

I thought 92 was a down year for drum corps overall. Cadets had a great show. Cavies were ok. Star wasn't bad. Phantom was horrible. I got stuck marching the infamous Beatles show (where's the barf emoticon?). VK was entertaining. Don't remember BD. I think Vanguard did Fiddler, but they had their own issues. Madison was good. Blue Knights had a good drumline, but their show was forgettable. THat's all I can remember. 1993 was MUCH better. Those top 3 shows were amazing. One of my favorite finals, even though Jackson was a mess.

I don't remember it being too cold. I marched out of Camp Randall with my shoes off. Rocks hurt to step on when you're playing the streetbeat.

Edited by atlvalet