Class A finals

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ben, hey whatsup buddy,

Looking at the standings, obviously Govies, Sun, and Alliance, and SoCal is the wildcard,being that they do not have a score for August. Things could be very interesting. Let's see what happens.

IMO, this is absolutely the best Class A field, top to bottom, for DCA since the Class A show got started in 1997.

No weak links at all this year. Should be a pretty good throwdown at prelims and finals!

Fran

i think this is one of the most competitive years of class a that i have ever seen , i'm definitely excited for rochester!

it is going to be really close, so it will be hard to determine who will make it to finals, good luck to everyone

Honestly, the Govies have held a comfortable lead all season and have shown their strength for the past few years. The wild card isn't really So Cal (no disrespect because we all know they're dangerous). The REAL wild card is the fact that this is the only time of year where we actually get to compete head to head.

I'm not making a statement about judging consistency, I just feel that show slates and show conditions play a huge role in how the numbers add up at the end of the night. With all of these corps in the 70's range and finally getting to compete on the same day on the same field with the same judges in the same conditions.......... ANYTHING COULD HAPPEN.

And that's why ... the real show this year is in the Class A prelims :laugh:

Honestly, the Govies have held a comfortable lead all season and have shown their strength for the past few years. The wild card isn't really So Cal (no disrespect because we all know they're dangerous). The REAL wild card is the fact that this is the only time of year where we actually get to compete head to head.

I'm not making a statement about judging consistency, I just feel that show slates and show conditions play a huge role in how the numbers add up at the end of the night. With all of these corps in the 70's range and finally getting to compete on the same day on the same field with the same judges in the same conditions.......... ANYTHING COULD HAPPEN.

And that's why ... the real show this year is in the Class A prelims :laugh:

It was not that long ago where either Class A or back in the day some of the lower echelon corps were scoring in the high 40s and 50s at prelims. So now that almost ALL of the Class A corps are in the 70s shows the higher level of competition we have today. It's gonna Rock at Rochester!

Well....I guess I can cancel my flight then and start planning a BBQ instead.

:laugh:

Nah... Then you couldn't get to see Finals. Or a Sunday matinee.