Has your opinion ever changed?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. I may have an initial reaction/opinion, but then when facts are given or more insight, I have changed.

ask anyone...I'm up for the DCP flip flopper award.

Just call me John Kerry!

I look at it this way...I want to provoke discussion...usually I say what's at the top of my brain. I admit it...mostly I don't do the research before I post. It's usually when someone...like Todd for instance...points out an opposing point of view or an area where I didn't have the necessary facts or where I was just plain wrong.

Then I admit it...apologize...move on.

Then sometimes we agree to disagree.

Usually not, but it has happened. I see what you're getting at though...

I have definitely changed my opinion on topics after further reading and exploration. Actually, since I'm a relatively new fan, DCP has helped me to even FORM opinions about things, after reading both sides of the argument. So the answer is yes, I've completely done a 180 on issues since reading the threads about them on DCP.

My view has changed. Originally, when I heard about narration, since everyone was so mad at it, I thought it must've been so bad. I was like most of the other traditionalists in here. Then I started to hear some of the narration and realized, it isn't as bad as most people made it out to be, even the Cadets narration. People were complaining so badly that it was horrible and immature. Well it's going to change, quit your complaining and let changes be made.

Anywho, I think narration is fine as long as it's done tastefully or humorously (Crown 2007).

Seriously. Have you ever changed your opinion of one of the many "controversial " topics that are discussed on DCP based primarily on someone elses explanation of why they beleive the way they do? Please share.

Sure, there was that time... uhhh... let me think now... oh, yeah, I know, the time... noooo, actually I changed somebody else's mind, I guess... hmmm... well I...

Yes. I thought Bb was a bad idea until the benefits were explained. It turns out that some of those "benefits" were crap, but in the end, the sound hasn't changed noticeably. The importance was in keeping the all-brass concept, and from then on, I thought it was indeed the most important thing to use the best instruments above all.