Faust vs. "I Believe"

How about we mesh the two together....."When I was in high school, I sold my soul to the devil"

"I believe in Faust."

:ph34r: Awesome.

Faust by a significant margin.

Phantom 06 >>>>>> Cadets 07

(Pay no attention to the red and white avatar on the left)

Edited by Antoni30

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cadets easily for me. I never understood the lovefest that went on last summer for that show, other the music selections being good.

( I might be bios because I'm a sucker for the best sounding brass line any day) but Phantom may have thrown down the best brass ever last summer.

=SPK

STAR ROCKS MY PANTS!!

No. Just.......no.

3 or 4 pts? wow, i think that's way off.

it would be close. i've got phantom with the edge.

i wasnt overexaggerating....i know people loved the show phantom put out in '06, but i really think its obvious that the cadets were a drum corps performing at an incomparably higher level this year. well, i guess they were comparable since theyre both drum corps shows, but i dont think they would have been close score-wise.

in my opinion, phantom '06 would have been lucky to be in the top 7 this year. :sshh:

edit - well actually, im pretty sure i'd have put the cavaliers in 7th this year. i'd put phantom '06 ahead of them too, for what thats worth. still not in the same league as the cadets though.

Edited by Jared_mello

Faust was one of my favorite shows all time. Cadets played good music this year, but Faust had a story and took you in. The execution was great too. Phantom always seems to get some magic during finals week. They almost pulled it off last year and should have, so Phantom.

Cadets for sure..crazy demand and almost as crazy execution. I like Faust a lot, but I felt the 'story' was about as weak a portrayal of that story as you could imagine. They lost me when the girl gets covered by the cloth, and within a minute is up again doing leaps.

Fastest. Resurrection. Ever. :ph34r:

Perhaps if she had been 'killed' earlier and there was a longer period of loss, or something.

Other than that I thought it was a powerful and engaging show.

i wasnt overexaggerating....i know people loved the show phantom put out in '06, but i really think its obvious that the cadets were a drum corps performing at an incomparably higher level this year. well, i guess they were comparable since theyre both drum corps shows, but i dont think they would have been close score-wise.

in my opinion, phantom '06 would have been lucky to be in the top 7 this year. :sshh:

edit - well actually, im pretty sure i'd have put the cavaliers in 7th this year. i'd put phantom '06 ahead of them too, for what thats worth. still not in the same league as the cadets though.

how is it so obvious that cadets were performing at an incomparable higher level? i think some people need to put down the koolaid here. this is turning into an Entertainment weekly "best of" list where the most recent show is fresh in everyone's minds and they completely ignore the rest. how soon we forget.

phantom '06 would've been 7th this year? are you kidding me :ph34r:

On show and enjoyment, I would definitely choose Faust, but I do think This I Believe was executed better.

In a battle of 2007 Cadets vs. 2006 Phantom, I'd have to give it to Cadets by a slim margin due to execution (overall GE is, for me, dead even on both for various reasons).

However, if you were to make this about 2007 Cadets vs. 2005 Phantom (I know, I know, it was 3rd that year, not 2nd), I'd give everything over to Phantom on that one.

So um, Machine from 06 would've been 2.5-3.5 (since it was barely in front of Faust) behind cadets this year, and potentially not in the top 7? Give me a break. Cadets probably would've edged out Faust, but by making statements like it being a 3 or 4 point gap, you just make yourself look silly. There is a difference between what you want it to be and what would actually happen.

Edited by Loud-is-good