Faust vs. "I Believe"

Cadets could sustain more injury, but still appear like they were in control with their hard core discipline, and of course the blending with the maroon in their uniforms. This might give them the psychological advantage of the Regiment.

Whoa there, the Cadets very disciplined - but SCV and PR are right there with them. For contrast, check out BD or the Cavaliers. Not saying that either style is better, but PR is definitely among the more "hardcore" corps.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoa there, the Cadets very disciplined - but SCV and PR are right there with them. For contrast, check out BD or the Cavaliers. Not saying that either style is better, but PR is definitely among the more "hardcore" corps.

Oh of course, I've had encore performances with all three groups which is not quite as much fun since they can't chat... but in an all out battle, who knows who could stay all hard core the longest :P

Everyone's all "i hate narration" and then "i hate when they dont talk"...

C'mon make up your minds!!! :rolleyes:

Oh of course, I've had encore performances with all three groups which is not quite as much fun since they can't chat... but in an all out battle, who knows who could stay all hard core the longest tongue.gif

Heh, to support my argument I will point you to the Regiment Horn sentry (guess you don't see them as much now that retreat is a thing of the past). :)

However, in an all-out battle royale - my money is on SCV.

Heh, to support my argument I will point you to the Regiment Horn sentry (guess you don't see them as much now that retreat is a thing of the past). :)

Yeah, those are some tough dudes. I don't appreciate them bumping me in the arm during ATB, though that is a tad ironic.

Heck yes, SCV's cymbal line alone could lop the heads off the entire top 4 within minutes!

I think I do recall the Regiment Horn sentry form back in the day... (01-03 :P)

I remember a show in 92 where they decided to have a meet-n-greet immediately after retreat, on the field. Neither corps (Cadets or Regiment) seemed too sure about it at first--old habits die hard and members on both sides seemed reluctant to chat it up in uniform. (Post-Finals retreat is a little different...) As for not talking--I remember running laps in 100 degree Dallas heat for the baritone/euphonium line moving to much while trying to shake off the blood-sucking mosquitoes we fought through at a previous show. (Sheesh, Tim!)

Well, despite the fact that Phantom did not win in 06, I will say this for that show: that was one of the best brass lines in recent memory, one of the best drum lines in recent memory, and they did win GE Visual at finals if I recall correctly. Their guard was top 3, as was Music GE. So...............

I think it would be closer than people think. IMHO both Phantom and Cadets should have won those respective years. 2007 Cadets were fabulous from an execution standpoint, and the demand was through the roof. Brass was amazing, guard got real good by the end of the season, as did their percussion, but if anything the 07 percussion and guard were not at the level they usually are for the Cadets, and I think that is the edge for Phantom.

I will take Phantom 06 over Cadets 07 by .5

Liked both shows a lot, although I wanted Cadets to tone down the narration some, but their execution was worth the price of admission for me on most nights. That corps really does know how to perform.

JW