Finals Review (Brief)

Hurcs - Vast improvement throughout the season. Horn and drumline were very good, unfortunatly I believe they ran out of gas by the end of the show. They seemed tired. Solo work was incredible (who's the new guy?).

well, considering Richie has been around for over 25 years and Thomas for over 10, the "new guy" would be me. thanks for the kind words.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

BUSHWACKERS show was a hi-light to see. What a great looking drill, and you can't say enough about that guard. Prelims for the guard was better, but they were the greatest guard I've EVER seen at DCA, and it was going to take a lot to beat the 96 CABS guard, and you did it.

Thank you very much! I'll be sure to pass on your comments to our guard! :)

Just as a side note...Sun's guard won in 1996. I assume you meant 95 Cabs?

well, considering Richie has been around for over 25 years and Thomas for over 10, the "new guy" would be me. thanks for the kind words.

Yea now that I see your picture it was you, very nice job!

I love the Bushwackers and I am very happy for them (as a proud alumnus) but there have been other outstanding guards in DCA:

In 2000, the Brigadiers got a perfect score and in 2005 the Bucs scored a 19.9.

congrats to all on a fantastic season! As a guard person there were several performances I enjoyed this year!

And again, congrats to the Bushwackers!

Have to agree with Andrew about the show....simply fantastic. Show ran perfectly weather was perfect and all the corps from top to bottom were great!!

Outstanding items for the weekend.....

STAR in the minicorps division. So outstanding it was unbelievable, and thier victory concert outside made the whole weekend for me. they are beyond fantastic.

Cru back in the finals, nice going guys/gals.

CORPSVETS- if theyplayed their whole show like they did "Georgia" they would have been higher. Crowd just loved them.

RENEGADES - my favorite for entertainment. They set out ot do just that, and people will talk about this for years to come. That's what its all about. Thank you Renegades for making DCA 2007 the greatest entertaining DCA yet!!

BUSHWACKERS show was a hi-light to see. What a great looking drill, and you can't say enough about that guard. Prelims for the guard was better, but they were the greatest guard I've EVER seen at DCA, and it was going to take a lot to beat the 96 CABS guard, and you did it.

CABALLEROS seemed to turn it on in finals also. Glad to see that hype out there. Thank you for such an awesome show.

BUCCANEERS, what can one say about them? I knew they would go undefeated, and they proved it. Best overall show design, so many WOW factors. Classy drum major! Congratulations to your corps!! There was no doubt this year.

Next year will be even fiercer, I'm sure and just as entertaining I hope. Great DCA!

Also, great job by the folks who put this all together. It ran SO smooth. from the equipment trucks coming in, to the victory concerts after the show. I/E ran just as smooth...congrats to all involved!

Can it ever get better??????

:lookaround:

Thank you very much! I'll be sure to pass on your comments to our guard! :)

Just as a side note...Sun's guard won in 1996. I assume you meant 95 Cabs?

Hopefully it will be clarified, perhaps he meant in his opinion of great guard not necessarily what the scores said? :lookaround:

I just wanted to add:

Geneviève ROCKS!!!!!!!! I'm so glad she finally got the credit she deserved. Man can she play.

Later,

Mike

Brigs guard 2000 - 2004

I love the Bushwackers and I am very happy for them (as a proud alumnus) but there have been other outstanding guards in DCA:

In 2000, the Brigadiers got a perfect score and in 2005 the Bucs scored a 19.9.

Trish., the actual score is really irrelavent....please! I was just stating that in MY opinion, Bush had the greatest guard I've seen. I was comparing them to what has ALWAYS been my fav. guard which was Cabs in 96. To me, those are the best two guards I've ever seen perform at DCA. I've seen Brigs and Buccs when they both won, but Cabs 96 and Bush 07 had a presence that can't be topped!

That's all.

I totally agree. CONGRATULATIONS AGAIN Genevieve!!! You are truly and amazing player!!!

Brigs - GENEVIEVE!!!!!!!!!! Finally getting the recognition she DESERVES won the show(wo)manship award once again bringing tears to my eyes in "First time". The show has the greatest improvement of all the shows I've seen this season. It finally became the show I knew it could become last night. FANTASTIC!

Thanks for the excellent review. And you are correct: Genevieve finally received the recognition she has deserved since the first time she played "First Time." It has always been almost impossible to hear her play that solo without getting at least a little misty-eyed...even at rehearsal!!! Bravo, Genevieve!!!!

Wow... Not only I still don't realize what happened, but, with all your kind words.... pffff.... It's gonna take a while before I'll come back on earth!!! :-D Thank you all ssssoooooooooooooo much!!!

And congrats to everyone that performed last week-end!! ;-)