Finals Review (Brief)

Wow... Not only I still don't realize what happened, but, with all your kind words.... pffff.... It's gonna take a while before I'll come back on earth!!! :-D Thank you all ssssoooooooooooooo much!!!

And congrats to everyone that performed last week-end!! ;-)

Wow, Genevieve!

Amazing talent and humility... I wish I had met you this year... Keep it up girl! :lookaround:

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Corps Vets- Always enjoy these guys. Their brass section really comes to play- Georgia was rockin'. Loved the arrangment of La Fiesta ( a different take on the piece). Soloists are first rate. The tenors did a real cool move running around their drums, and playing backwards that was extremely impressive....

Thank you for the kind words!

dh

Brigs - GENEVIEVE!!!!!!!!!! Finally getting the recognition she DESERVES won the show(wo)manship award once again bringing tears to my eyes in "First time". The show has the greatest improvement of all the shows I've seen this season. It finally became the show I knew it could become last night. FANTASTIC!

As many of my fellow corps members have already stated in this and other threads, seeing Genevieve get the recognition she so richly deserves was a tremendous moment for the entire Brigadier family. She's truly one of a kind and we've been honored to have her as a part of the Brigs.

I'd be remiss, however, if I didn't also point out the fantastic work done by her duet partner in "First Time," Evan Kleve, whose soprano work in the ballad and in the opener was also outstanding. Evan has always stood graciously by, but his consistent, musical solo work is certainly worth its own recognition.

The Brigs couldn't be happier to have them both. :)

Thanks to everyone for the many kind words about our performance. Finals was an amazing experience for all of us. We look forward to doing it even better next year!

Congrats Genevieve! You look (and sound) good!!!

Wish I could have been there. If it was half as good as '03 I am sure it was amazing!!!!

Get it girl!

Wow... Not only I still don't realize what happened, but, with all your kind words.... pffff.... It's gonna take a while before I'll come back on earth!!! :-D Thank you all ssssoooooooooooooo much!!!

And congrats to everyone that performed last week-end!! ;-)

G, you are the best Bari tech I have ever had and our brief conversation before I hopped onto the van to the airport to head back to my new and improved West Coast life will stay with me forever. Thanks for caring and being a friend - and congrats again for an honor that was well deserved many times over.

You sounded fabulous and best of luck to you in your retirement - as if you are really going to stop playing :lookaround:

:blink:

topsops there's certainly no denying that Bush 07 had an incredible presence! Just didn't want you to leave out the best of the rest!

congrats again!

Empire- The highlight for me was the 7 trumpets on the stage wailing away during "Gonna Fly Now"- awesome!

I don't want to start another G vs B-flat thing, but being an old drum corps guy I can't let that statement go. Empire plays

G bugles so there were no 'trumpets' up there........except Joey probably snuck in his B flat because he likes playing it more than a G. (and he transposes the music in his head as he goes, even the ad lib stuff....amazing)

And speaking of amazing I have to add my congrats to Genevieve!

As many of my fellow corps members have already stated in this and other threads, seeing Genevieve get the recognition she so richly deserves was a tremendous moment for the entire Brigadier family. She's truly one of a kind and we've been honored to have her as a part of the Brigs.

I'd be remiss, however, if I didn't also point out the fantastic work done by her duet partner in "First Time," Evan Kleve, whose soprano work in the ballad and in the opener was also outstanding. Evan has always stood graciously by, but his consistent, musical solo work is certainly worth its own recognition.

That duet was absolutely fantastic!!!! It was one of two musical moments at Finals that almost brought me to tears.....literally.

Fran

I don't want to start another G vs B-flat thing, but being an old drum corps guy I can't let that statement go. Empire plays

G bugles so there were no 'trumpets' up there........except Joey probably snuck in his B flat because he likes playing it more than a G. (and he transposes the music in his head as he goes, even the ad lib stuff....amazing)

While we're being nitpicky, Joey's Monette is a C trumpet, not Bb. ;)

Go Genevieve!!

This has been my favorite weekend of drum corps for several years now (actually, since my first DCA season in '97).