The ESPN2 Finals Broadcast Drinking Game!

Granted it's over but hey we have TiVo.

Drink every time they make a joke about the Cavaliers and "Pressure." (My god).

Every time Vanguard does a move from the 70s.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're doing well, but let me explain what I really meant (and you'll understand just how petty I was being -- for the sake of sarcasm, which is a noble cause):

- Every roll has a "skeleton" underneath. This is especially important for open-stroke rolls, which have a very literal metric value. For example, double strokes over a sixteenth-note skeleton = 32nd notes. Your wrists are playing 16th notes, but you are adding a second stroke twice the value of the note for the stroke. Does that make sense?

Sixteenths are pretty standard skeleton. Some of the more advanced snare books will have open-stroke rolls over sextuplets (16th-note triplets) and even open-stroke rolls over 32nd notes, which is down right mean at brisk tempos. If you've ever heard a snare line that sounded like they were "shifting gears," they probably started an open roll over one skeleton and shifted to another (most often I hear from 16th note skeletons to 32nd note skeletons ... a nice element, but a little overdone these days, and often a good way to turn a clean snare line into the world's biggest slushee).

Eighth-note triplet skeletons are a pretty standard way to draw criticism from other lines because everyone knows it's way easier to clean up rolls with with a triplet skeleton than sixteenths. Put it at march time and you can sound like you're at Finals form by early July.

Like I said ... petty. :P

This brass player is still completely lost. But that's OK, I'll take your word for it! :P

Here's a game. Drink until Jessica Allen starts looking attractive. Oh wait, don't have to, she's already gorgeous.

Don't you think Jessica Allen is a little biased toward BD's. Ah, didn't she march with BD's?