Season's Done, now an Open House Question

What is the benefit to announcing your show only at your open house/membership day?

It would seem to me that announcing a show a week or even a few days early might draw more people in that might be on the fence about whether to march or not, or to march a different corps.

The only I could see is that you might lose those people that were thinking about marching (but then again if they really didn't like it they wouldn't be back anyway) or perhaps the show is not yet decided until just before the day (I don't know that this is the case either).

Is it because of tradition of announcing it at a major event?

Can anyone give me a definitive answer or does anyone else have opinions?

Edited by BucsBuff

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you had to choose between corps that in your mind were equal wouldn't you like to know what they were playing in order to make a decision?

Would you go to Cadets if you knew they were going to be using an extensive amount of narration or singing?

Or would the corps history, talent, style, etc be what draws you in?

Would you go to Cadets if you knew they were going to be using an extensive amount of narration or singing?

Or would the corps history, talent, style, etc be what draws you in?

Not a chance!

And I wont pay to see it.

Yes I sound like an old fart, I Like Drum & Bugle Corps!

Not "Extreeeeem Super Band"

The number one question asked in the recruiting booths last fall was,,"What music are you playing?"

Seems simple enough.

Renegades 2008 show is "You're Mortal: From Dawn to Dusk. Your life sucks."

Dave, Nice solo work in this years in the opener....Question, is your announcement of the show "Your Immortal" the second part of a three episodes of the vampire/zombie theme. Your trilogy DVD 2003,2004,2005 according to commentary made in the dvd was planned in three episodes. I'm curious, what are the pros and cons of this type of method of planning in threes? Congrats to the Renegades for a successful season.

What is the benefit to announcing your show only at your open house/membership day?

It would seem to me that announcing a show a week or even a few days early might draw more people in that might be on the fence about whether to march or not, or to march a different corps.

The only I could see is that you might lose those people that were thinking about marching (but then again if they really didn't like it they wouldn't be back anyway) or perhaps the show is not yet decided until just before the day (I don't know that this is the case either).

Is it because of tradition of announcing it at a major event?

Can anyone give me a definitive answer or does anyone else have opinions?

I think it is just the Tradition of announcing it at a major event...The music is selected long before it because part of it is prepared for that day. It is a very good question to ask though...

I hope we get to play "Variations on Manamana."

Edited by Contraholic

Dave, Nice solo work in this years in the opener....Question, is your announcement of the show "Your Immortal" the second part of a three episodes of the vampire/zombie theme. Your trilogy DVD 2003,2004,2005 according to commentary made in the dvd was planned in three episodes. I'm curious, what are the pros and cons of this type of method of planning in threes? Congrats to the Renegades for a successful season.

Thanks for the compliment on the solo. You'd think that I would have written something that wouldn't have kicked my own ### as hard as that thing did, but in the end it was worth it. I was soooooooo happy to set the tone for the finals performance, the best of our year.

As far as the show announcment, I am joking. I have no idea what next year's show is, nor am I in any position to decide, let alone ANNOUNCE, next year's show. If your post was sarcastic, I couldn't pick up on it.