Alumni Spectacular Review anyone?

Its tough being on last - you don't get to see anyone else, and with a few of our northern neighbors now taking part in the festivities, I'd like to hear anyone's comments on the overall event - in short, any reviews???

Rich

488232848_c2fd3ce936_o.jpg

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I second that request! We only got to see a little bit of Les Diplomates from the end zone, and none of the other corps. Surely there are some willing to share their views on the Alumni show. Please don't make us wait until the next issue of Drum Corps World before we get some reviews!

Kevin Gamin's "Live From the Pressbox" thread is a good start, but I'm sure we'd all love to get some more feedback.

Kevin Gamin's "Live From the Pressbox" thread is a good start, but I'm sure we'd all love to get some more feedback.

I agree. The Pressbox thread was a lifesaver, but a more in depth review would be great. Not only for those of us that are temporarily on the disabled list, but I'm sure the Corps would like to know how their shows came across, because that 's what it is all about....playing for the fans in the stands.

Jim Ormiston :mmm: :mmm: :mmm:

I agree. The Pressbox thread was a lifesaver, but a more in depth review would be great. Not only for those of us that are temporarily on the disabled list, but I'm sure the Corps would like to know how their shows came across, because that 's what it is all about....playing for the fans in the stands.

Jim Ormiston :mmm: :mmm: :mmm:

You got my support on that subject !

Ronald masse

Its tough being on last - you don't get to see anyone else, and with a few of our northern neighbors now taking part in the festivities, I'd like to hear anyone's comments on the overall event - in short, any reviews???

Rich

488232848_c2fd3ce936_o.jpg

Rich, Smitty, Jim and Ronald,

I guess no reviews this year. sigh. Oh well, you guys tried.

Ray

Here's a review. All the Alumni corps were excellent at what they did in Rochester. They made the trek to perform music they played in their heydey, please the audience and accept any accolades the house bestowed on them. They all HIT IT. My favorite perormances were the Alumni Corps slotted in the 1 thru 9 schedule. They rocked the house without the need to compete. They cheered each other both going on and coming off the field. The horn lines were loud, drum lines flashy and guards, not only put on an excellent display of pagentry, but sold the crowd during moments when corps weren't moving. I don't know if you would call that a mirage or collage? TORONTO, BATAVIA, BRIDGEPORT, PRESTON, BOSTON, BAYONNE, MONTREAL, HAWTHORE and NEW YORK, in my estimation, deserve a Mission Accomplished .

This is another reason why DCA should be televised......I rest my case

Here's a review. All the Alumni corps were excellent at what they did in Rochester. They made the trek to perform music they played in their heydey, please the audience and accept any accolades the house bestowed on them. They all HIT IT. My favorite perormances were the Alumni Corps slotted in the 1 thru 9 schedule. They rocked the house without the need to compete. They cheered each other both going on and coming off the field. The horn lines were loud, drum lines flashy and guards, not only put on an excellent display of pagentry, but sold the crowd during moments when corps weren't moving. I don't know if you would call that a mirage or collage? TORONTO, BATAVIA, BRIDGEPORT, PRESTON, BOSTON, BAYONNE, MONTREAL, HAWTHORE and NEW YORK, in my estimation, deserve a Mission Accomplished .

:doh:

I agree. I got to the stadium in time to see the last six alumni corps.... from Scout House through the end..... and it was a lot of fun. Different styles, lots of "down memory lane" stuff.... just great drum corps entertainment for a Sunday morning/afternoon!

Fran

I got to see 3 alumni corps.

Bridgemen: This is about the 3rd time I've heard your show this year but only the 1st I've been able to see it from the stands instead of the side or back of the field. So cool! The guard is really good--I would love to be on that rifle line. And I finally got to see what everyone was laughing about; that walker bit was so funny!

Les Diplomats: As a French Canadian type person myself, it was great to see you guys. I wasn't around when the original Dips were marching, but I've heard about it. 2 years of recruiting--that's amazing! The hornline sounded fabulous and I'm just so glad you all could make it.

Caballeros: Watching the Cabs alumni while surrounded by my friends in the Cabs competing corps was honestly one of the highlights of my entire 07 season with the Cabs. I'm sure you all heard the cheers, but a lot of people around me were tearing up too. What can I say? You guys are great, and even for a newbie it is an honor to be involved in the same organization as all of you. I hope we make you as proud of us as we are of you.