Could I Be Happier?

glory

dont trust those hooters chicks, man. they would discuss the sherwin williams pain catalogue if they knew there was a 20 bill in it for em.

another lesson for life, kids. dont trust skanky broads who handle your cash.

Edited by karl E. Hungus

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I met an adult "entertainer" at a bachelor party at the Palms in Vegas and I was wearing my Madison polo shirt and she told me how she loved "Strawberry soup" from 1982 even though she was probably 8 years old at the time. She finished her gig, and we took off to Hard Rock Hotel, ate dinner, gambled and talked drum corps until sunrise. And she was actually one of these gals doing this to make great money and going to UNLV. People sitting next to us were probably wondering what we were so intensely talking about. My buddies were like" Only you could go to Vegas, meet a hot woman and bond thru drum corps". Yes and she was only a dancer! Some things don't stay in Vegas!

You win, no question.

I've had a few of these moments in my life but none quite like that. Best was probably at a party where I was wearing a Spirit tshirt and one of the WVU football players that was there spoted it and asked me "Did you march Spirit or are you just a fan?". Turns out one of his HS friends marched with the Cadets and he followed the activity, so what happened to simply be one of those random times I wore a corps shirt in public turned itno a two hour long discussion about DCI with one of the people I thought would be the least interested in it.

... so what happened to simply be one of those random times I wore a corps shirt in public turned itno a two hour long discussion about DCI with one of the people I thought would be the least interested in it.

Someone once said: It's a small world, if you ask. I've met a few folks through the years who surprised me because they knew and liked drum corps. I'm sure there's more around. Unfortunately, I can't wear my corps t-shirts everywhere (my wife's rule, not mine).

HH

...or trying to explain to an attractive stranger in a honky tonk why you went to San Antone for DCI Southwest only to find out her son marched Troop - and she was there! Wow...then you become jealous because she's going to finals...

Yes! I'm not the only one that goes to honky tonks!

I have many drum corps fantasies. No. 1 on the list is I win the lottery and make a donation large enough to bring Phantom, BD, Cadets or whomever to my office for a lunchtime concert in which they hold forth with various favorites for the 2,000 or so staff at my location. This fantasy ends with everyone I work with coming up to me and saying with stars in their eyes that now they know what I'm talking about.

No. 2 fantasy is much more pedestrian and realistic. It's "active" each time I put on a corps t-shirt in public. It assumes that someday, somewhere, someone will walk up to me and say "Isn't drum corps great?"

No. 2 fantasy, it seems, was more possible than probable as for decades as I wore my shirts proudly but only a cappella. That changed in a very good way a week ago. And the change came in a fashion that would surpass my middle-aged fantasies when I walked into "Hooters" for the first time.

That's right – Hooters. I'd never been before and in my first visit happened to have on a Carolina Crown shirt. Good thing too because a beautiful waitress comes immediately to my table and asks: "Do you like drum corps." Dream come true, it's a wonder I didn't start crying right there. Here's this gorgeous young lady leaning over my table saying she loved Crown's show this year. And while her tables waited, we discussed the shows, our affection for various corps, Allentown, Pasadena, you name it.

A beauty I'd never met before walks up to me and wants to talk about drum corp. Does it get any better than this?

HH

I discount this whole post on the account that i can prove ur lying by the above red. :P

Seriously though.... Its cool that you are evangilizing the masses LOL

That’s right – Hooters. I’d never been before and in my first visit happened to have on a Carolina Crown shirt. Good thing too because a beautiful waitress comes immediately to my table and asks: “Do you like drum corps.” Dream come true, it’s a wonder I didn’t start crying right there. Here’s this gorgeous young lady leaning over my table saying she loved Crown’s show this year. And while her tables waited, we discussed the shows, our affection for various corps, Allentown, Pasadena, you name it.

A beauty I'd never met before walks up to me and wants to talk about drum corp. Does it get any better than this?

HH

As a proud CC alumni, I am overjoyed that our apparal almost succeded in getting you a hook-up. :)

Carolina Crown-Helping people hook up. Since 1989 :P

As a proud CC alumni, I am overjoyed that our apparal almost succeded in getting you a hook-up.

Men of a younger age, who aren't married, who don't have children won't understand what I'm about to say. My wife likely also would misunderstand what I'm about to say (and not just because she misunderstands most of what I have to say!) except she'd rather go blind than read a drum corps forum.

Ten or more minutes of animated conversation with a drum corps-literate waitress in Hooters was as satisfying as a hook-up even though there was no actual hooking up for this middle-aged father and husband. Don't get me wrong, I know the pleasures of a genuine hook-up. Which is why I can say with all honestly and no wimpy sentiment or compromise that what I got from that moment is just as good.

And for those who've expressed doubt, this was my first time in a Hooters. I've been to other - shall we we say - more provocative places. But first time ever in Hooters. Going back. Oh yeah.

HH

I was at the North Texas Irish festival back in March at Fair Park in Dallas, waiting in line to get my share of the deep-fried batter version of food they have, when a guy standing behind me asked about my 2006 World Finals patch on my shoulder. Turns out he marched Velvet Knights back in the 80s. And just some random people around the country.

it's cool to have people approach you in like...malls or on the street because of corps related items. and it's fun watching people's faces light up when you mention something to them.

I ran into a guy selling something like a flyer's card for the airlines in Las Vegas (layover) that marched bluestars i think (something blue...haha). he saw my corps jacket and asked how finals were.